Thread: bed liner

Post Thanks / Like
    does anyone know how to clean a spray in bed liner? It is 4 years old, never been cleaned except for washing. It has never hauled anything like dirt or mulch, but it has scuff marks.

Can this be waxed?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 2 year old Line-x bedliner and have used my truck to haul everything form rocks, dirt to mulch.

I find that all i have to do is spray it clean with the water hose but from time to time i scrub it with a deck brush ( hard bristled brush) for stubborn dirt stains etc. After it has been cleaned and has dried i spray it with tire dresser and it looks like brand new again!

Post Thanks / Like
    lammarwell, does spraying it with tire dressing make it slick or slippery? I have a Rhino-liner spray in bedliner that is about 4 years old and it needs to look better when I detail my truck. It is clean but real dull in color. I was thinking of putting tire dressing or vinyl protection spray on it but I was afraid it would be real slippery when I get in the back of my truck. What kind of tire dressing did you use? Thanks, Wes

Post Thanks / Like
    That is what I was wondering. Things in the back don`t move around to much. I don`t know what it will be like if it is slick.

Post Thanks / Like
    for regular cleaning, id use a brush of some form with car wash soap. Ill let you decided if you need a rough or soft brush...

as for dressing it, if your going to do anything, get something that dries to the touch. You dont want to be standing in there and slip . I think that Poorboy`s Trim Restorer dries to the touch, so that should work. I have always been intrigued with using Forever Black on bed liners. I havent tested it out, but it would probably last a lot longer.

Post Thanks / Like
    It does get a little slicker once sprayed with tire dressing but not that bad or dangerous.

I have used a few different tire dressings (AA, turtle wax, etc.) and they all worked great some just have lasted longer than others just like they do on tires.

Line-X is a little different than Rhino liner as it is harder, and seems to grip onto loads better form what i have seen. Try a few different tire dressings and see which ones you like.

I would choose one that is a little cheaper as you will use quite a bit on the spray in liner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by lammarwell

Line-X is a little different than Rhino liner as it is harder, and seems to grip onto loads better form what i have seen.

My experience has been a little different than Lammarwell`s. I`ve got one of each liners in F-150`s. Linex is a harder coating, Rhino being softer grips cargo better. I`ve tried a number of different products to keep them looking new. I`ve finally landed on Meguiar`s #40. It works well on both and is not as slick as some of the other products I`ve tried.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

No iPod Posts On Detail City KRMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will have to agree with GearHead on this. #40 works really great. if you want to save some money, Poorboys Natural Look works great, but leaves it a little slick for a day or so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Honda Brite works well on my spray in liner, I use a scrub brush and rinse it real good. I`ve tried tire wet but it looked like crap and when I rinsed it off I nearly killed myself slipping on the driveway.

Thread Information