Post Thanks / Like
    I just painted my driver door sill ie just above the rocker panel as it had been worn down over the winter from getting in and out of the car with gravel on my shoes. In one spot it had worn down to the primer so I taped everything off and pray painted three coats of black and three coats of clearcoat. Turned out pretty good but a hair of two got caught in the top layer of clearcoat. Also there are a couple of areas in transition from the good, old paint and the new paint that look like overspray and is therefor quite dull. Use clay to take off some of the overspray and I am convinced I can "work" the paint so it blends nicely. To remove the hair I want to wet sand then polish the paint to bring up the shine again.

How long do I have to wait before doing this. I know you can`t wax it for several weeks but can I wet sand now (it feels dry) and polish?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, you can work the paint now. Just remember that it`s a little softer now than it will be when it`s completely cured, so go easy.

Thread Information