Post Thanks / Like
    OH CRAP! well my car got rained on yesturday so I really needed to wash it, stupid me I did it in the sun , and now I have water spots in the paint!! I just put it in the garage(my dad let me, suprisingly)

I`m sooo worried, I don`t even know what to do. Heck I had Polymer Sealant and Carnuba Wax on the car (2 coats of carnuba, 2 coats of Polymer Sealant, followed by 1 coat of carnuba again).

It`s an Acrylic Enamel paint job as mentioned in the other thread.

Someone please help me out ASAP, I`m so mad but it was my fault!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not sure what an acrylic enamel paint job is, but Klasse AIO has removed water spots on my wife`s car.

Post Thanks / Like
    If the spots just appeared after the last wash, then they are most likely minerals from the water left on the paint.

First, try rewashing the car, or hit it with a quick detail spray. Odds are that they`ll wash right off.

If they don`t wash off, a very mild cleaner polish (like Klasse AIO, or Meguiar`s #7 Cleaner/Wax) should take care of it.

If that doesn`t do it, you can try soaking a cloth in diluted white vinegar (1 part vinegar to 1 part water), then GENTLY wipe over the clean car (wash again before vinegar if dirty). After the vinegar, wash again with car wash, then rewax/reseal.

It shouldn`t be that difficult to deal with if they`ve just appeared today.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

PS: If you can post a pic of the spots, you may get more/better recommendations.

2000 Volvo S80</p>

2006 Nissan Murano</p>

2011 BMW 328i</p>

2014 Mercedes E350

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I don`t have a lot of products right now! but I was told to try the Polymer Sealant as it apparently has some minor cleaner in it, so I did just that and now it`s not AS NOTICEABLE but still there. Everything is closed here right now.

and I`m very busy sunday and monday so do you think if I wait till tuesday and use a clay bar with the 3 step Meguiars products will it still be able to remove the water spots completely?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 78_Caprice

Well I don`t have a lot of products right now! but I was told to try the Polymer Sealant as it apparently has some minor cleaner in it, so I did just that and now it`s not AS NOTICEABLE but still there. Everything is closed here right now.

and I`m very busy sunday and monday so do you think if I wait till tuesday and use a clay bar with the 3 step Meguiars products will it still be able to remove the water spots completely?

Give the vinegar a try on a small spot before you try the 3 step. .. if iut works then go sealant *then* carnuba
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard to seal before wax also.
    Milano Red 1996 HX Civic - replaced with:

Black 1996 EX Civic

Post Thanks / Like
    try warm water!

Post Thanks / Like
    78_caprice- It`s very doubtful that the water spots got through both the sealant and the wax. The worst you`ll have to do is strip things down to bare paint, *maybe* polish it a bit.

Vinegar, the claybar system, the 3-step these are good approaches. The Meg`s #7 is just a glaze, it`s not what you need here.

If the 3-step doesn`t get it, then you`ll need a mildly abrasive polish. See how the 3-step works first. I`d do this ASAP as the minerals from the water oughta come off as soon as possible.

Don`t sweat this (heh heh easy for *me* to say, huh?)...you learned a lesson about what sunlight can do when you`re washing; now you know.

Thread Information