Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I have some very slight micromarring/swirls that need to be removed. I have the Klasse twins, but I also have some 3M Perfect-It Swirl Mark Remover for dark cars. I wanted to just use AIO if possible, but if it won`t do the job, I`ll bite the bullet and do the 3M first.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys and gals.

:bounce
    Sean

2009 Honda Accord EX-L

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

2001 BMW 330ci Convertible (gone)

2003 Ford SVT Mustang Cobra (gone)

Post Thanks / Like
    AFIK, AIO will not remove or hide swirls at all. It`s strictly a cleaner with protection (and a very good one at that.)
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
    04 ACURA TL SSM/Ebony/Navi
    PICS!! http://homepage.mac.com/maecrispy/PhotoAlbum7.html

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve not noticed any swirl removal/hiding abilities with AIO. AIO is a chemical cleanier, you`ll need something abrasive.

Michael

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~One man’s opinion / observations ~

As ‘maecrispy’ stated Klasse All-In-One is formulated with a solvent cleaner and a polymer sealant as a one step product

Start with the 3M SMR (its pretty mild so its ideal for minor paint imperfections and then AIO (you might want to add Klasse Sealant Glaze for added protection))

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/ Jon

justadumbarchitect * so I question everything *
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    This article:

http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=48

seems to suggest some ability of AIO and/or SG to mask minor swirls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the responses, fellas/ladies. I appreciate it.

But now I have a separate question...

After a Eimann Fabrik Powerwash+ wash, would it be ok to go ahead with 3M Perfect-It Swirl Mark Remover for Dark Color Cars, even though the car had 2 coats of AIO, 1 coat of SG and 1 coat of Souveran applied approximately a month ago?

In other words, would the fact that I have AIO, SG and Pinnacle Souveran on my car impede the 3M SMR from doing its job after a good wash?

Thanks in advance for the help
    Sean

2009 Honda Accord EX-L

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

Post Thanks / Like
    Would the fact that I have AIO, SG and Pinnacle Souveran on my car impede the 3M SMR from doing its job after a good wash?

Anyone??
    Sean

2009 Honda Accord EX-L

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

Post Thanks / Like
    ExplorerXLT95,

I doubt the sealer and wax you have on yopur car now will slow down the abrasives in the SMR. Is that what you wanted to do? You would have to start from step one if that is your plan. The SMR will remove your sealant and work on the clear coat itself. The 3M SMR also has fillers that will fill in minor swirls (hence the dark colored car designation). You would then need to add a sealer or wax.

If you use 3M SMR, I would not recomend use AIO afterwards or it will remove some or most of your fillers.

Good luck. Beautiful car!!
    Be Nice

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot man. I was just checking to make sure that the 3M`s ability to polish would not be impeded by either of the Klasse twins already on my paint. Thanks for clearing that up for me man

Originally posted by bunker

If you use 3M SMR, I would not recomend use AIO afterwards or it will remove some or most of your fillers.

On this topic, I have spoken with David Bynon himself a number of times. He does not believe that using 3M SMR and then following with AIO is a problem at all. The thread/PMs that we made this discourse in have been deleted since. Thus, I have directed his attention to this thread to make sure that I am not putting words in his mouth and that his opinion then still stands now.
    Sean

2009 Honda Accord EX-L

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it is only OK to use a weak chemical cleaner by hand after 3M SMR. That`s my experience.
    Close enough... They`ll never notice anyway

Post Thanks / Like
    My informal testing showed that AIO filled swirls better than VM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My experience with AIO has been different that others are suggesting. I find that AIO does help remove swirls. True, its cleaning capabilty is mostly chemical, but it does contain a deminishing abrasive polish, as well. While not quite as abrasive as 3M SMR, I find it has more cut than P21S PWC.

To prove that the abrasives in AIO work, I played with my neighbor`s Miata (single stage red paint), which was badly oxidized and had surface marring. AIO did a great job of cleaning away the oxidation and was able to remove all but the worst marring when used by machine. So, I think it has a lot to do with how you use it and the paint finish.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm...Do you think only certain paint finishes ( the softest of the soft I assume) will respond to AIO`s abrasives?
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by DavidB

To prove that the abrasives in AIO work, I played with my neighbor`s Miata (single stage red paint), which was badly oxidized and had surface marring. AIO did a great job of cleaning away the oxidation and was able to remove all but the worst marring when used by machine. So, I think it has a lot to do with how you use it and the paint finish.

db
    What kind of pad(s) did you use with the AIO David? I know Jngr used cutting pads to work some of his AIO magic.

Originally posted by Bill D

Hmm...Do you think only certain paint finishes ( the softest of the soft I assume) will respond to AIO`s abrasives?
    I`m wondering this too, and also wondering if it doesn`t work as well on clear coats, since I once tried (quite hard actually) to remove some oxidized clear coat paint with AIO, but it did not respond. It only responded to a more abrasive product than AIO.

:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    In my limited experience with AIO the only time I had it remove any swirls is whenI did the *very* minor swirled 88 Volvo single stage that had very light oxidization and I think the swirls that were removed were *in* the oxidized portion.

I put very minor swirls in my clear on my black B5.5 when using a QD and I used AIO with no results at all. They were so minor Menzerna FP an a white pad lifted them very easily.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information