Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone used Turtle Wax`s new Ultra Gloss Liquid (stuff in the green bottle)? I use it on the cars that I detail and just was wondering if anyone likes it or not. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen it advertised and at Autozone but don`t know anyone that uses it. How about you giving us a review.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wont go into a review but i can tell you its as good as some of the products we talk about or BETTER and it only costs 7.99

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ALAN81

I wont go into a review but i can tell you its as good as some of the products we talk about or BETTER and it only costs 7.99

I suppose we do talk about Zaino a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Mosca tried this when TW released their Plantinum series earlier this year.

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I did, and it`s pretty good. You could do worse. It has a very nice wet look, with a lot of reflectivity.

Is it a Klasse killer, a Zaino zapper, a Meguiar`s mauler? Nope. It`s just another excellent choice. If you follow the steps, you can be satisfied by using the TWUG as a final product.

Most here won`t use it because of its mild cleaning ability, which precludes using it in exotic combos. I personally have decided that combos are overrated, so I prefer the "single-malt" variety of wax.

For me, I`m not real keen on the smell, so with 25 different waxes and sealants on the shelf I don`t think I`m going to use it again any time soon.

Within the last year, and especially this season, the casual car care user has been given a real bounty of excellent products to choose from; WAUD, Nanowax, TWUG, NXT, mf towels and sheepskin mitts, and quite a few more. The only thing Joe Average is missing is a registration to Autopia/DC/BCC/MOL/SCG. There`s no excuse now.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive used the new T.W. and I find it up there with NXT and Gold Class for looks. A frend of mine used it on his 2001 Chev. Impala dark green in color and still looks great after a month. He used Meguiars cleaner wax before and said TW gave a deeper gloss. What I find very good is their spray detailer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I gave the paste version of TW`s newest wax its first trial on a freebie detail for my brother-in-law`s TrailBlazer.

Pics here:

2002 Trailblazer Pic #1

2002 Trailblazer Pic #2

2002 Trailblazer Pic #3

To start with, I had opened the container and swirling around in the bottom was about a 1/4`" of liquid. Not impressed.

Next came the smell. Yikes! Might as well sniff pure Kerosene so be sure to use in a well ventilated area. And with this type of liquid content and smell, I was pretty sure I wasn`t going to be successfull layering it on top of any sealant I have so it went right on after polishing with #81.

Application was easy and removal was fairly easy. Can`t say I noticed any real powder after buffing because I was moving quickly and this was a white vehicle. It did slightly stain the black trim but most of it was able to buff off with a simple MF.

Overall look was very wet so I was pleased with that. It is definitely right up there with the easy-to-use consumer products so I`m sure it will be a hit in that arena.

No word on how long it seems to last as I just did the job 2 weeks ago.
    Happy drivin`,

Rich

`04 Acura TSX SatinSilverMetallic/Ebony 6MT #1681

Post Thanks / Like
    YES friends we are takling about TURTLE WAX ULTRA GLOSS !!!!!

like I said I couldn,t believe my eyes and i have high standards

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ALAN81

YES friends we are takling about TURTLE WAX ULTRA GLOSS !!!!!

like I said I couldn,t believe my eyes and i have high standards

I agree.

The liquid version of this product works really well with a PC. It wipes off very easy and it doesn`t leave a bunch of powder behind. It does leave a very high gloss pop as advertised. Turtle Wax, who`d of thunk it?

clic pic

Post Thanks / Like
    YES and ALL for $7.99

Post Thanks / Like
    That is what I use regularly in my car :up

I use the liguid version, and overall I am very pleased.

- Application and removal are among the easiest you can get regardless of price. Spreads very nicely, wipes out withour effort. No residue. In fact, I missed removing it from one of the hood cracks. Opening the hood 3 weeks later showed some wax buildup that was removed by buffing firmly. If you miss a spot on the exterior it can be taken out without effort by just wiping

It won`t stain trim or rubber. Removal is also very easy on these surfaces.

Depth and gloss are maybe the best you can on a retail product. Shine is among the best (NXT is more reflective -shinier- but TWPUG looks deeper).

Smell is not exciting, but doesn`t have the strong solvent smell of Nufinish for example.

Slickness is decent after application, but 24 hours after it feels much slicker.

Durability is not spectacular. Slickness is gone after a wash, but water beading remains decent after 2 months. If you read the review by roadfly, beading was gone after 2 weeks. I think the Steve`s obssesion of washing with dawn the surface for every wax is causing bonding issues. If you have a clean paint in decent shape, the TWPUG shines and beads easily for a month with weekly washes.

All in all, I think this is the second best wax available at retail (USA and Canada I should clarify). In value for the money it is the champion. I rate it better than NXT than a lot of people like here (I use it also). The only product I like better is mothers reflections, another very underrated product.

Ahhh! And now that you mentioned the quick detailer, I like it as much as mother`s showtime. Showtime is shinier, the TWPUG QD is deeper. I cannot identify the smell, but I think it is like bubble gum

Alex

Post Thanks / Like
    Comparing it with the products considered the BEST at retail level (USA - Canada) these are my assesments. I have used NXT, TWPUG, Nanowax and mothers reflections quite extensively to do over 6 cars in the family. They are very close to each other, very good products and my overall rating would be as follows (top product is 100)

1) Reflections

2) Turtle Ultra - 97

3) NXT - 95

4) Nanowax - 94

That should give you an idea of how close they are to each other. Breaking up by categories.

Shine/Reflectivity

1) Reflections

2) NXT - 97

3) Nanowax - 96

4) Turtle Ultra - 94

Depth / Gloss

1) Turtle Ultra

2) Nanowax - 97

4) NXT - 95

3) Reflections - 93

Durability (no Zaino/Klasse/collinite killer here.... They are all beauty waxes , durability measured by slickness, water beading, easiness to remove dirt after a month)

1) Reflections

2) NXT - 94

3) Turtle Ultra - 92

4) Nanowax - 90

Smell / Aroma (YMMV, as the top 3 have well defined smells that may appeal to diferent people. Only the turtle doesn`t have a target smell)

1) Reflections

3) Nanowax - 98 (fruity)

2) NXT - 97 (citrus)

4) Turtle Ultra - 90

Aplication / removal

1) Reflections

4) Turtle Ultra - 97

2) NXT - 90

3) Nanowax - 87

Swirl mark hiding

1) Nanowax

2) NXT - 95

3) Reflections - 92

4) Turtle Ultra - 90

Slickness 24 hours after application

1) NXT

2) Reflections - 95

3) Nanowax - 94

4) Turtle Ultra - 92

Value for the money (excluding rebates)

1) Turtle Ultra

2) Reflections - 93

3) Nanowax - 91

4) NXT - 86

Preparation is only a wash, dry and Mothers pre-wax cleaner. I haven`t tried claybar or polish yet

Alex

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review! If you had to pick one based on your preference, which one would it be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ShineMGood

Nice review! If you had to pick one based on your preference, which one would it be.

Tough to decide. My picks:

- Light color: Mothers Reflections, NXT as second

- Dark color, best shine: NXT, then Nano

- Dark color, best depth: Turtle Ultra, Nano as second

- Cobwebbing: Nano, NXT as second

If I had to pick an overal winner based in appearance only, NXT is the best all-around. As a whole with all the factors included (durability, application, etc) Reflections gets my vote.

Thread Information