Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been researching on tire shines and dressings but I found no really useful forums. I like to have shiny tires but not to shiny that the tires attract your attention instead of the paint. Can you guys tell me what you like for sprays and dressings for tires and possibly post a pic. Oh and have you guys tried meguiars hot shine tire spray with the trigger. I would appreciate any info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Eagle One Wet tire shine is glossy without being too glossy. I apply all dressings with Eagle One tire swipes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Series1,

For a look that you described I personally like Poorboys Bold N Brite. Blackens the tires and gives a nice shine. No tire sling is a plus.

I recently tired Meg`s NXT Protectant and like that as well. Similar to BnB. Haven`t tried Hot Shine so can`t comment.

Sorry, have no pics to post. Remember, the look that you`re after is very subjective. What`s a great shine to me might be too much for another guy.

Anyway, I think the above products will do the trick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ultra Low Profile Tires - Meg. High Endurance

Any other tire - Meg NXT (Not a really shiny look, but dark black)

Post Thanks / Like
    NXT Protectant has a nice shiny appearance but it seems to wash off quickly. I have been trying Poorboy`s Bold and Bright and really like it as it dries to the touch, is waterbased and seems to last very well.

Both dressings seem to cover very well using a spnge or swipe so you don`t have to use a lot.

I like a dressing that doesn`t stay greasy and therefore prefer the PB over the NXT but both give a good appearance.
    "If we weren`t all crazy..We`d all go insane" Jimmy Buffett

Post Thanks / Like
    For glossy, I like Megs Endurance. For satin finish, I like using 1Z Tiefenpfleger.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used the Hot Shine nad really liked it although I don`t think it lasts very long. I also like Black Sapphire which needs to be applied with an applicator.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are a lot of products to try. Here are a couple I like.

Meguiar`s High Gloss Endurance

Meguiar`s High Gloss Hot Shine

FWIW, the Endurance product does last significantly longer than any other product I`ve tried.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the Meg Endurance high gloss that you apply with tire swipes.

I don`t like the Meg hot shine in the pump spray bottle. I have not tried the aerosol version. I don`t think it lasts that long either.

MM
    MM

Post Thanks / Like
    1Z Tiefenpfleger is really good. Only drawback is the price.

My personal favorite is Eagle One`s Trim Shine. Makes the tires black w/ a low gloss finish. Doesn`t fling off on the paint and even if it did it wouldn`t stain any paint with a flex agent.

Hi-Temp`s Grape Tire Dressing (Available from Top of the Line) is a great tire dressing from what I`ve seen so far. It is solvent based and gives a pretty good shine. It doesn`t dry greasy and I haven`t noticed any fling off yet. The one thing I noticed is when you apply it it appears to be a little streak as it dries but give it a few minute and it goes away.

The Two Eagle One Dressings I tried in the past created stains on the tires awhile (a week) after application. I may test them out again though. They do give a pretty high shine on the vehicle though.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a dressing that has UV protection, provides durability, and still stays on even after a rain storm? I`ve tried 303 on the tires but they wear off after a rainstorm. Also tried Hot shine in the aerosol and although it has a nice shine it doesn`t last long.
    2003 Apex Silver Lancer Evolution VIII

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiars Endurance contains the same chemicals that are built into the tires to protect them from UV. As someone else also said it is very durable and will last through the rain. You can choose the original formula if you want a more matte finish or the High Gloss formula if you want a shine.

Post Thanks / Like
    I need a hi-gloss tire dressing because my black paint is so glossy. A matted dressing make the tires appear dull and not dressed.

I like Poorboy`s B&B. Hi gloss, cleans ( Endurance series dressings tend to gum-up and distort finer features of sidewall design IMO) and shine upon application, dries non-greasy, zero sling and great as a fenderwell dressing also. :xyxthumbs

Meg`s Hot Shine and NXT also work great for a more subtle look for the LS400.

I apply all dressings with an applicator and massage into rubber. :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    I like dupont`s new tire shine product. Not too shiny and does not sling.

Post Thanks / Like
    1Z Tiefenpfleger - this stuff is a necessity for me. Works great on tires and trim, lasts through a couple of washes.....follow the directions and buff vigorously. It may be pricey but I don`t have to apply it that often and when I do, a little goes a long way. :xyxthumbs
    `96 Jeep Cherokee Country - White - Gray Leather Interior

`02 Volkswagen Passat GLX - Reflex Silver - Black Leather Interior - 5 spd Manual

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information