Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this product still available? If so, what store(s) have you located it in??

I remember seeing this product when it came out, but it didn`t intererest me. I`ve since seen several good reviews on the product. I have looked at various auto parts stores (Autozone,Oreilly,Pep Boys) and also Wal-Mart.

I guess searching online would be the best option if the product is still available

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw it in K-mart a couple weeks back. It was selling for $2.50 a can.

Post Thanks / Like
    AutoZone here in PA have it...but it`s not in the kit with the cleaner..it`s on it`s own.

That said...you may as well just use a silicone spray as CD2 told me in an e-mail that the product was silicone based.

I was hoping it would be a good thing, but I`m not about to spray silicones all over under the hood.

Post Thanks / Like
    K-mart is where I get it. I`ve been using it for the last few years and I just don`t see where the silicones are hurting anything. It does exactly what I want it to do and I`ll keep buying it as long as I can find it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jfelbab

I saw it in K-mart a couple weeks back. It was selling for $2.50 a can.

Hmm, there are like 3 K-marts left in Arkansas. The nearest one is 60 miles away in Little Rock. If I get the chance I`ll check on it there or any other K-mart I run across.

AutoZone here in PA have it...but it`s not in the kit with the cleaner..it`s on it`s own.

That said...you may as well just use a silicone spray as CD2 told me in an e-mail that the product was silicone based.

I was hoping it would be a good thing, but I`m not about to spray silicones all over under the hood.

Silicone huh? Don`t know about all that!! I guess using it every once in a while might not hurt.

Post Thanks / Like
    CD2 is a resin based product from the Turtle Wax company. It dries hard, isn`t greasy or oily and doesn`t attract dust. It works very well actually and lasts for a few months. I`ve used it on a few customer vehicles and they loved it. One 12.5 oz can can do about 6 engines.

I would not have a care about using a product containing silicones, while I`m not convinced CD-2 is BTW, on anything under the hood. I`ve requested the MSDS so we will soon know for certain one way or the other.

Nearly all of the rubber under the hood, hoses, plug wires and caps, o-rings, weather stripping, etc. is silicone-rubber.

Silicone is routinely added to rubber to enhance it`s flexibility, durability, resistance to chemicals, and ability to handle weather extremes.

Silicone is not bad for rubber.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got 2 kits from Midway Auto Supply on the web. I found the site by doing a search on Froggle. Can`t wait to give this stuff a try.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I looked around on the `net and found it at Midway. I`m going to try to find it in a store first though. I`m definitely going to give it a shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the MSDS from Turtle Wax today and as I suspected, CD-2 Engine Detailer contains NO silicone.

Post Thanks / Like
    i found the cd-2 at murrays autoparts store. about 4 bucks. i love this stuff. looks awesome :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    jfelbab....I say this with complete respect....you are absolutely incorrect. CD2 Engine Detailer is a silicone product.

I just hung up the phone after speaking with a Rep at Turtle Wax.

He explained that it is a silicone product but that the silicones are not listed on the MSDS because (at least in this case) they are not "hazardous materials".

Post Thanks / Like
    Some of y`all should post a picture of your engine after a CD-2 detail job!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the stuff - i only keep my car for three years so i can`t see a problem

Post Thanks / Like
    I put up a thread with pics not long ago. I can`t say enough good about the stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information