Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, so my friend got back from The Driver`s Seat (some ripoff store). They told him that his Souveran is not designed to be used with any other carwash, and said that his Souveran is not lasting due to "degreasers" in the Meguiar`s car wash shampoo that he was using. They also told him to refrigerate his Souveran because paste wax cannot be stored in the garage because the oils separate. They also told him to clay, use Meg`s #6 cleaner wax (I told him to return it), wait a day for "the oils to evaporate", then wash again the next day and apply souveran. I`ve never heard of any of this and personally doubt that it`s true, so I wanted to get your opinions.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was in one of their stores in PBI, I was in heaven. Microfiber, waxes and polishes I can hold before I buy. I was all psyched to try a few new producst when I started looking at prices. A VERY basic 16x16 Microfiber (first gen stuff) was 15 bucks!!!!!!! These werent even as good as the free ones Detailers paradise throws in with every order I make. Then as I picked up a can of stoner`s MSLT I nearly pooped myself, it was 17 (yes SEVENTEEN) dollars. About a hundred yards away that can sold for 3.99!

The sales staff at the one I visited were all 17 year olds, not the car crazy "yea I can help "you type either. I never went back, shame too because I have spent thousands on the obsession, if they were at least reasonable I would have surely spent a lot of it there.

Post Thanks / Like
    You mean this place? http://www.thedriversseat.com/

I can`t comment about the Meg`s shampoo or the reason to use #6 (although its not the worst advice I`ve ever heard), but refridgerating wax is a good idea. It will typically last longer stored in a cool dry place instead of someplace hot and humid.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, that`s the place. There`s tons of them here in Florida.

Post Thanks / Like
    A bit of drift: I tried #6 on my demo, a 2004 metallic red Trailblazer. It`s not bad at all. It cleans and it lasts, so far about 2 months with normal, non-Autopian care. THe beading is getting a bit larger, but it looks good and is still somewhat slicker than naked paint.

That site looks like it is linked to Proper Auto Care, btw. All the product pages look exactly the same.

Tom

Thread Information