Post Thanks / Like
    ok I am deffinetly perchasing the rest of the supplies i need tonight! I have $180. Right now I have everything but need help with some towel issues.

1) I put 2 CBT in my cart. Now should u only use these for your final selents like SG or carbin wax? Like is it a bad idea to use teh CBT to take of 1ZUPP and 1ZPP??

2) autopia aslo has those sonus polishing/buffing towels? should i pick those up too? what would be the difference bettweeen teh polishing and buffing? in the discription they both say they take of wax/polish residue soo wuts up there? or is the polishing towel for just applying the polish?

3) I already bought a bunch of pads for my PC from PAC but i heard that its not good to apply compound and SG with a pad. Im still going to use a bad for the compound since my paint is really bad, i just will be really carful and I wont apply any pressure. but for the SG im going to pick up about 2 applicator pads... are these the best choice? http://store.yahoo.com/autopia/vk-101.html

Post Thanks / Like
    looks like i cant get my stuff tonight

Post Thanks / Like
    #2) those towels would be fine for removing everything...i usually only use CBT`s to quick detail and use regular microfibers to remove all polishes/waxes..

I almost always prefer to apply things with PC....i get a more even finish and it`s just easier on me.....I apply SG with a Grey finishing pad on my PC and it works great.....I`m not sure what you mean by rubbing compounds but almost all the polishes discussed here are fine to use with the PC....

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks man, i will only get one CBT now for when i do my QD, no need to get two.

soo there really isnt any difference between the sonus buffing and polishing towel?

and with the 1ZUPP i just heard that u can go threw paint to quickly with a PC, should i only use it at low speeds when im cutting?

Post Thanks / Like
    and one more thing... is there a difference between removing a product (polish/wax) and buffing?

so first u remove it with a couple swips, then u use something to "buff" ahh im confused

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, removal more or less coresponds to the actual work involved. Although you may remove the product, you still may be left with having to buff out or off, any remaining product to acheive the actual desired result. There really is no difference bewteen a buffing and polishing towel. If you ask me, there one in the same.....I wouldnt use a cheesecloth towel for buffing or polishing (old school). You really want to go with a quality microfiber towel for just about all your product removal, and polishing needs.......
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you very much!

Supernintendo Chalmers
    Post Thanks / Like
    You really want to go with a quality microfiber towel for just about all your product removal, and polishing needs.......

You can find said towels at exceldetail.com:up

Pakshak has some great ones, too. And autofiber.com. The CBT is fairly amazing.

Even if it doesn`t fit within your budget now, slowly accumulate towels from a couple of different carriers. You`ll find subtle, and not so subtle, differences between them.
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by schneider325

1) I put 2 CBT in my cart. Now should u only use these for your final selents like SG or carbin wax? Like is it a bad idea to use teh CBT to take of 1ZUPP and 1ZPP??
    I can`t comment on removing the 1Z products, as I haven`t used them. But the Autopia CBTs are AWESOME for buffing-off waxes (like S100), sealants (Klasse and Zaino), and for all QDs. I have four of them, and love `em! It seems to me that the CBTs are uniquely effective in QDing. When I was first considering them, a vendor explained that -- while most MFs are designed to "resist" QDs or leave them on the ends of the fibers-- the CBTs absorb the QD and then gradually spread/realease it. I know I`m not explaining this very well. But I sure have seen the CBT`s effectiveness in applying my QDs. I think they help me use less product when I`m QDing and to spread it more evenly.

I know this towel thing can get confusing. As thinksnow said: as your budget allows, accumulate different types of towels from different vendors. There are differences among them, and you`ll learn which is best for each application.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is no reason at all why you can`t use the Autopia CBT for applying, removing, buffing, QDing, even widnow cleaning. They excel in all those functions.

Post Thanks / Like
    " for the SG im going to pick up about 2 applicator pads... are these the best choice? http://store.yahoo.com/autopia/vk-101.html "

Its all personal perference. Some people like the applicators with handles, some people like thin foam pads, others like thick foam pads, others like terry pads,................

The handi grip applicators will work well. My personal preference is basic foam pads. I like to buy them in quantity, and then throw them away after using them. Thats not necessarly the best method, but its what I perfer to do. Get what you think will work the best for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    And, while my experience is with the Autopia CBT, the same qualities seem to apply to DFTowel`s products. I just haven`t yet had a chance to try DFTowels.

Thread Information