Post Thanks / Like
    First time using PC. The result was tremendous. It`s like 100X improvement than using hand. Definately reccomend newbies to get PC fast. :up :doh

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree 100%!! The PC is definitely some of the best money I`ve spent....I love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    What products did you use with it oego and matt. That`s m y bigest problem now I know I want a PC but I dont know what polishes and waxes to get.
    04` Saab 9-3 aero

Steel Grey

Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously look into the 1Z triplets - Ultra Polish, Paint Polish and Metallic Polish - 2 tins of each.

Easy to use, hard to mess up and great results. (Can be worked by hand until PC arrives).

Get Lake Country pads - cutting, polishing and finishing - at least 3 of each.

Now that the polishing stuff is handled, you ONLY have to choose A finishing system out of the dozens available. I use the Klasse twins, UPP and SONUS QD. All are acrylic, all are compatable and provide fabulous shine and supurb protection against the 3 juices (mortal enemies of paint) birds, bugs and trees.

Almost forgot - get at minimum a dozen MF towels - the ones at Walmart are decent enough to start with - 3 5-packs should do it.

First time users of SG might tend to put it on too thick and have a battle trying to get it off. Here`s what to to. Take a clean MF and dampen it with water to get it good and wet, then wring it out until almost dry. Fold in half, then into thirds. Put about a quarter sized dab of SG on the damp MF and wipe in over half your hood. Immediately wipe off with a clean dry MF. Proceed over the whole vehicle doing about 1/2 panel at a time as above. Read up here about the "BillNorth" method - piece of cake. If you get streaking, use the SONUS to clean it up. You can apply the first SG immediately after the AIO, but after that, you must wait a minimum of 24 hours before the next SG layer (or UPP layer).

Repeat until your eyes bleed from the intense shine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Teck

What products did you use with it oego and matt. That`s m y bigest problem now I know I want a PC but I dont know what polishes and waxes to get.

I used Meguiar #9, AIO and Souveran. Boy, it definately look AWESOME.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to help you out with a few pics I have taken yesterday..

2nd time PC user...

Before the PC and DACP

And after a little time and a few passes with the PC and a Cutting pad. I have upped the first step to a cutting pad, last time I had used a polishing pad, because it was my first time and I didn`t want to go too agressive, but for swilrs like this I would now suggest starting with a cutting pad and work lighter, thanks to advice form other Autopians.

Here`s the after....

Not even close to perfect.. but not too bad for a second timer...results have improved ten fold since my first time using.. I love this machine..

I used the Klasse twins along with the DACP, the results were near flawless. I love this combo, thanks for all the product advice I have gotten form here as well.
    99 Acura 3.2 TL-P
    Heather Mist Metallic
    H&R Sport Springs
    OEM bodykit

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a little DACP haze remaining there. Now try the polish pad and s`more DACP and make sure you work it until dry. Or you could use something like #9 but you work it a little then wipe if off damp.

Or (my preference) is to use something like 1Z PP then Menzerna FP to get the paint to its peak before laying down any finish. I use the K twins too, but I`ve mixed up SONUS QD and UPP between layers of SG without any problems

Post Thanks / Like
    I used 1Z Paint Polish and ClearKote Vanilla Moose, and finished with Poorboys EX-P.

Thread Information