Post Thanks / Like
    Can anyone provide me with some advice on possible cleaners used for heavily soiled carpeting/upholstery/mats because i`ve always used like an all purpose cleaner like APC+ with a citrus spot cleaner, but on certain occasions it is so dirty that cleaning the fabric is extremely difficult. Any suggestions anyone would be greatly appreciated :nixweiss

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~One man’s opinion / observations ~

Recommended Products:

303â„¢ High Tech Fabric Guard

A powerful, long lasting fabric and carpet protectant, which repels grease, dirt, water and oil-based stains, that contains a UVR sunscreen for maximum colour fade protection. A must for car covers or convertibles, resists soiling, impedes mildew formation and restores lost water repellence.

303â„¢ Cleaner & Spot Remover

Quickly removes even stubborn stains, including oil, grease, ink, berry juice, wine and blood. It contains no soaps, detergents, phosphates, nitrates, caustics, toxic organics, enzymes or volatile organic chemicals (VOC) Using a propriety blend of sequester agents, surfactants and hyper-wetting agents to gently lift and suspend oil, grease and dirt allowing them to be easily rinsed or wiped away without leaving any reside behind.

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/ Jon

justadumbarchitect * so I question everything *
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply TOGWT, I have the carpet and fabric guard, but haven`t used it on the interior. I prefer the ragg top on the convertible tops. I don`t know if you or anyone has had any experience with an enzyme cleaner put out by Auto Magic. Also, I`m curious how much better an extractor would be if you`ve used one in your opinion because i`m starting to consider one that was recommended through another thread. Thanks everyone!

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~One man’s opinion / observations ~

The difference is night and day, less time, better result and the cleaning product is re-cycled. The T5 cost me approx $600 from Vapor Clean Products

Using a Carpet Extractor

·Use a carpet extractor to clean and remove liquid and dirt. (Vapour Clean Products T5 Extractor / Spotter®) extraction process is the choice of professional detailers.

·Extraction is faster, easier and more thorough. Hot water units offer better productivity, better results and faster drying times.

·Extractors also allow the ability to remove cleaning residues. Rinsed fabrics look cleaner and resist soils better.

·Extractors work like the hand cleaning process except they use a mixed solution (303 Cleaner & Spot Remover) that is sprayed from the machine in higher volume.

Then it uses the vacuum, to remove the excess moisture and grime, immediately recovering it.

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/ Jon

justadumbarchitect * so I question everything *
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    sounds good TOGWT! I`ll have to consider investing in a small portable one with enough heat and power to do the job. Is an extractor a staple among professional detailers or are there other methods that work just as well. If any pros have some advice to give me that will help along the way please post replies. I really hate when I detail a car and there`s like those few spots that are lighter, but have that somewhat yellowish appearance. I`m sure you have an idea what i"m talking about. Is there anyway to get rid of this or black stains in the carpet that won`t lighten at all??

Thread Information