Post Thanks / Like
    So its been three days I`ve had my PC but I am still unsure what products to use. Klasse, IZ, Mezerma, Meguiars, Poorboys, to list a few. Its enought to drive a man Insane.

This is my plan as of now

1. Dacp yellow pad

2. Dacp white pad

3. #82 or #9 white pad??????

4. #26 or nxt wax. or maybe something systhetic like Klasse

Here is what I am dealing with:

I have a Repainted Black car "approx 2years ago" with alot of marring and oxidation. When the car was painted the first time, it was so bad, they had to strip it down and repaint it again. The second time it was painted, it came out covering in orange peal and the guy wetsanded it a month later. He told me the paint had to cure and I didnt know any better.

Besides the marring and swirls, It has what looks like little lines or scratches "maybe in the clearcoat" that look like the guy didnt know what he was doing when he wetsanded. After I got it back then came all the marring came out after about a month. :scared

I know the car wont be perfect with this paint job, and I cant really afford another one.

Any suggestions, comments, ideas, of what products to use or even to change product lines is an option.

At this time Im not asking for your help, Im BEGGING for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    oops, I forgot to state I was going to first Clay

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you`re on the right track, maybe just try this strategy first and see how the paint comes from there. Hang in there, one thing at a time.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks bill, Do you think I should go with #26 or #9 after Dacp.

I dont know which one will take out the haze better and leave a deep gloss on black.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the "sunny side" of your situation is that it sounds like you can`t do any more damage to the paint than what`s already done, especially with the PC. It can only look better after you`re finished!

You said that the marring showed up about one month after it was wet sanded -- I`m guessing that the guy used a polish with a lot of fillers to hide the marring.

If I were in you`re shoes, I would just try the DACP on one section and see what happens. After you polish, you can wipe it off with a 50/50 mix of isopropanol/water to remove any fillers from the DACP to see if you`re really making a difference in the paint. From what I`ve read on this forum, some people need to follow DACP up with a milder polish (#9), and some people don`t. I used DACP on my red truck with a white polishing pad and it didn`t seem to haze any. But black may be a different story.

I guess the down side of this is that if those are indeed marks left over from the wet sanding, then I`m not sure that a PC will get them out. You may need to have someone with a rotary give it a try. I don`t have any wet sanding or rotary experience, just PC experience. Alternatively, you could go with a polish/glaze that is heavy on fillers and just keep the marring filled in.

It sounds like you basically know what`s going on, so there`s really nothing left but to give the PC a whirl and see what happens. Dont` be afraid to use it. Work the DACP in for several passes on 4, and then turn it up to 5 or 6 and polish until the DACP is about gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    From my understanding, DACP & white pad should take out the haze from DACP & yellow pad. The #82 after the DACP should remove the hazing and save you a step from what you have listed.

So you could go:

1.) DACP & yellow pad

2.) DACP & white pad or #82 and white pad

3.) #26 or NXT.

I`ve used Klasse topped with S100 and I love the way it looks on my blue car that has a purple pearl to it. I`d say if you can get the Meguiar`s locally then try it first. If you like it then stick with it, or you could experiment with other products after that. I know how you feel, there`s a lot of stuff out there and the combinations are seemingly endless.

Post Thanks / Like
    gsr,

all I have right now is the 3 step system. I tried a couple of test spots with all three steps and even after the polish it started to become more slick considering i still need to clay the car.

The only thing is I used a terry cloth cause I wanted something more aggressive that would help remove the oxidation and the towel was literally black. The car supposibly has a clear coat on it unless the guy who wet sanded it removed it. This is why I am a little nervous about using Dacp and removing too much paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe someone with more experience can reply as to why your towel is coming back black.

To be less abrasive you can try DACP and a white pad instead of a yellow pad, #82, or #80. For abrasive ness, Meg`s rates DACP-6, #82-3, #9-3, #80-4.

Like Dave N said, DACP & a white pad may not cause any hazing as the pad is less abrasive then the yellow pad. If you use it and it doesn`t haze, you can go directly to your wax.

Thread Information