Post Thanks / Like
    are these the same thing??? same price, but different bottles

one is SON-100 and the other SON-110???

http://store.yahoo.com/classic-motor...gelwheelc.html

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-110.html

thanks!!

edit: i am looking for the same sonus wheel cleaner davidb used in is one artical when he compaired the 2 different brands... the sonus did better

Post Thanks / Like
    bummpy plz im getting this tonight!

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried that stuff, to be honest eagle one was a much better cleaner and with the Az you get twice as much for half the price.

It also didnt clean my bmw wheels very well at all. I had to use a sponge and quite a bit of elbow grease, which if you think about it I could have done with soapy water and saved myself the 10 bucks.

I say skip it.......

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~One man’s opinion / observations ~

The product yardstick I use for wheel cleaners is P21S (gel for tough dirt/grime, liquid for ‘normal’ cleaning), I haven’t tried Sonus but all that I have tried don’t clean as well

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/ Jon

justadumbarchitect * so I question everything *
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    DavidB should reply, but I think that is the "New" Sonus.

Maybe improved?

I dont know for sure. I love the Sonus detail spritz, and will be trying the car shampoo.

For wheels on my Wife`s 2000 Grand Prix GT I use P21S. LOVE THAT STUFF!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 Ram Big Horn CTD
    2009 Lexus IS250
    1999 ChampioN 181 Bassboat
    1968 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 4spd

Post Thanks / Like
    You might be confusing the Sonus and SONAX brands. They are not the same.

Sonus Rim Bright is a new formula. It is not a gel. My personal 18 month experience with gel wheel cleaners is that the are a good deal for me (the mfg/seller), but not for you. Anyone who uses a gel will tell you that you use way too much product to coat the wheel.

My test of SONAX R2000 vs P21S Gel taught me a valuable lesson. If you use a proper sprayer combined with a foaming cleaner, you get better coverage and longer cling time than you can get with a gel. So, I went back to the drawing board.

The new Sonus Rim Bright foams better and has stronger buffered cleaners than the original gel. I`m still in search of the perfect foaming sprayer for even better surface coverage.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the replays a little late but i think i would of made the same disission. I orderd the Sonus wheel cleaner from CMA since i was already ordering pads there and a couple other things like forever black.

Im not sure why the two websites have different product codes for them but they look similar. One might be the newer virsion. Who knows.

Yes u are right about the sonax and sonus.... I got them mixed up but from the looks of it sonus is pretty much took over for sonax soo it should be some of the same stuff. O well i`ll try it out. The wheels are... well BAD soo i will difently get pictures. Some of u guys leave brake dust on for a weeek and test out products.. well I will be testing it out on like break dust that has be on for years and years. I think its doable tho if i get a nice brush.

all i need now is my stuff from autopia like that perfect shine kit and i`ll be ready to get started!!! btw did u guys know there re-doing that kit? yep.. its gonna be in next tuesday...cant wiat!

Thread Information