Perfectionist in Rehab Prometheus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, i was bored a coupla days a go and decided to go to wal mart. Found myself wandering back to the automotive section (big surprised huh), and saw something interestering... It looked like an old sticky mit with a bonnet attached to it... was called "Black Magic Wet Shine Had-Waxing System" Basically, big plastic disc you put on your hand covered with what looks like wool that then you put different bonnets on for waxing, polishing, and removing products. So, im wondering, has anybody ever used this thing? To me it looks like somebodys cruel joke, but i dont know. Doesnt seem like it would work. I cant seem to find a pic, but it looks like its about 8-9 inches in diameter with a velcro strap on top to secure in your hand. Seems to me to be somebodys marketing ploy or something.

Anyway, next product. Something else i saw was Rain-X Glass Wax. Instead of going on clear like classic Rain-X, its supposed to go on opaque and turn white when its time to remove it like regular wax. Supposed to be easier to remove too. Anybody had any experience with this one? THinking about getting some as my regular Rain-X supply is running low. Anyways, later guys and thanks for your imput.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh, young grasshopper. Use to "sand da floor"!

Wax on, wax off! Soon you be a karate kid!

Sorry, I couldn`t pass that one up!

I`ve seen these at wallyworld also. Didn`t look to interesting or practical to me.

I`ve seen the RainX Glass Wax and that looks interesting to me. I wonder if it has more durability than the "classic" product?

I do like to use RainX on my windshield!

Post Thanks / Like
    General consensus is that the new WAX version of Rain-X isn`t as good as the the good old liquid version. I can`t really remember what the issues were, but more streaking problems and less durability seem to jump to mind.

Michael

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~One man’s opinion / observations ~

I gave up on the liquid RainX due to streaking etc and tried the RainX wax (whats the expression out of the pan into the fire) so, so much worse. I’m now using Castrol Accuvision much better durability without the bonus streaking

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/ Jon

justadumbarchitect * so I question everything *
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Perfectionist in Rehab Prometheus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    huh, i just saw it and though it looked interstering, now i know to definately not get the wax rainx...

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently tried the Accuvision, and I like it much better than RainX. I had stopped using RainX because it was such a pain. The Accuvision may not last as long, but it only takes a couple of minutes to reapply.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t find rain-x a pain to apply, just clean the glass with EO 20/20, apply with a piece of paper towel, then wash the whole car with car shampoo. No streaking what so ever. Even works with QEW.

I am however kind of unhappy with the durability (i have to reapply every month). I`d try aquapel, but the price scares me off.

Thread Information