Post Thanks / Like
    I have a new black truck that currently does not have swirls or other serious problems, and I`m looking for the best product to use. I`ve been reading a great deal here, but the large selection of available paint protectants mentioned on Autopia has only served to increase by state of indecision. Of course, I would like a product/s that provide the best shine and durability, but I don`t mind waxing on a frequent basis.

I live in south Louisiana where the weather is either raining, about to rain or has just finished raining. In between the rain are periods of cool cloudy weather in the winter to hot blazing sun in the summer.

I also absolutely despise stained moldings. To prevent this I mask the trim with painter`s tape, but I would sure like to find a product that will not stain from incidental contact during application.

At this time, I`m considering the following systems, but I`m open to any product or combination of products.

Klasse AIO + SG + Souveran

Zaino Z2

Any input is appreciated!

:wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve gotta tell you..I used that exact combo on my black Benz this weekend.......SFP, AIO, SGx2...then Liquid Souveran yesterday. Very nice look..low dust..and the pollen even seems to be sticking a little less than with WG.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, the K twins (with or without the Souveran topper) will fit the bill and won`t stain your trim. Other similar products that don`t stain trim include BF and 4 Star UPP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Would any of the Clearkote or Poorboy products fit the bill?

Post Thanks / Like
    PB and CK don`t stain trim.
    " A car doesn`t have to be the fastest or most powerful to be the love of your life."- Temperacerguy

Post Thanks / Like
    Klasse twins and P21S works well and P21S doesn`t stain either and it`s cheaper than Souveran.
    Is that a new claybar in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in Louisiana also, and also have a brand new black vehicle. I personally, don`t like SG but I LOVE AIO. I use AIO + P21S and it looks wet all the time. As you know, we`ve been having rain on and off for the past couple weeks and the truck still beads just like the first day I applied the P21S which was about a month ago before the rains started. For some reason, SG just doesn`t work with me, maybe it`s our humid climate, I don`t know but I don`t like it at all especially on black.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone use Menzerna FMJ on black? If so, how does it compare to Klasse or Zaino?

Without the carnuba topper , which suits black better Klasse or Zaino?

Do non-carnuba sealants like Zaino and Klasse bead like a wax or sheet water?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Is AIO comprable to GEPC? Should they be used together or kept separate?

Reason I ask is because I already ahve GEPC but it seems AIO gets alot better review and they seem like they are both the same step in detailing as each other...polishes I think?
    04` Saab 9-3 aero

Steel Grey

Don't ever drop your clay kartoon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ram

Do non-carnuba sealants like Zaino and Klasse bead like a wax or sheet water?

Not sure about Klasse but Zaino beads really nice and also does not stain the trim.

its naturally curly...... 6cyl's_of_fury's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Teck

Is AIO comprable to GEPC? Should they be used together or kept separate?

Reason I ask is because I already ahve GEPC but it seems AIO gets alot better review and they seem like they are both the same step in detailing as each other...polishes I think?

The GEPC and AIO perform a similar job in general terms ( ie a "glaze", the step after polishing ).

I give the edge to AIO for the performance AND versatility. AIO is the *perfect* base product for ANY topper, be it sealant or wax IMO :xyxthumbs
    Detail your car, do it. No seriously, do it.

The Black Beast

Thread Information