Post Thanks / Like
    How do I safely clean my tan leather, suade seats?? My suade has been scotchgard to try and protect it. I have used Zaino`s leather range with great results. But I am worried about water spots on the suade.

Surely someone have encountered this before?? Because my door trims also have suade inserts, so I have to be careful when opening the door when its raining, for fear of waterspots damaging the suade.

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like
    on leather i`d suggest Scottwax`s method of using woolite and water in a 6:1 dillution. but if it suede i don`t know, maybe go to a shoe store and find some suede cleaner?
    In the endless pursuit of the perfect shine....

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~One man’s opinion / observations ~

Unfinished leather: Some cars have untreated leather; soft, full grain leather made from an un-split sheepskin, lambskin, or kidskin, usually tanned with alum and chromium salts and dyed throughout. The easiest way to tell is to sprinkle a few drops of water onto the leather, if the water is absorbed into the leather and looks like a stain, it’s untreated if the water is not absorbed then it’s treated.

Clean the surface with 303â„¢ Cleaner & Spot Remover it removes even stubborn stains, including oil, grease, ink, berry juice, wine and blood. It contains no soaps, detergents, phosphates, nitrates, caustics, toxic organics, enzymes or volatile organic chemicals (VOC) Using a soft upholstery brush to raise the ‘nap’ of the skin then apply cleaner by spraying onto a 100% cotton towel (do not saturate) Allow to air dry.

The surface of these leathers has no protective barrier to protect them. As a result these leathers are very prone to soiling and staining. To protect unfinished leathers including suede, deerskin and unfinished dyed leathers, use 303 High Tech Fabric Guard. Use on new or newly cleaned leather, spray on (but do not saturate) and let dry, it creates and maintains water repellence, resists soiling and helps protect against both water and oil based stains.

Identifying characteristics- very soft to the touch, will scratch or scuff very easily; water drops will darken the leather but it returns to its original colour after drying.

With all cleaning products, always test a small, indiscrete area first to ensure it won’t discolour or stain the surface, and ensure that the pH of the product is suitable for the material.

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/ Jon

justadumbarchitect * so I question everything *
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    tegboy....I don`t know what type of car you have, but many cars do not have suede....they have an articial sueda called Alcantara.

Alcantara needs to be handled much differently than actual suede.

Post Thanks / Like
    Matt,

Great reply....:xyxthumbs

tegboy, your cars owners manual should tell you what type of material you have, If not then check with your dealer or go to the car makers website.

Some headliners are made of the Alcantara material, I believe it`s a close cousin to microfiber.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies, its actually suade, I have had the seats retrimmed. They are in an Acura Integra.

Thread Information