Post Thanks / Like
    So, what`s the story with Perma-plate and other dealer-installed paint protection products? I didn`t opt for it on my last car, but my girlfriend just bought a 350Z and the dealer talked her into it...

Is any special care required for this stuff? Any detailing-related considerations? I`ve been using Klasse AIO/SG on my WRX STi, with very nice results (thanks, in no small part, to the advice on this forum!). Can I use Klasse over perma-plate? Will the AIO tend to strip the perma-plate off?

Post Thanks / Like
    This same issue comes up every few months. The consensus is that it is not worth the time effort or money. Your regimen with Klasse is a much better protector of paint and durability.

Post Thanks / Like
    Believe me, I know it`s not worth the money... Paid for it once, several cars ago, and wasn`t particularly impressed with the results. Upon reading the guarantee, which I probably should have done before paying, I discovered that it didn`t cover an eighth of what the dealer said it covered!

But given that the girlfriend has already paid for it, I just thought it would be nice to get the maximum value out of it (limited though it may be). Just wondering if I should go for the AIO/SG immediately, or maybe wait 3-6 months? Or start with SG, assuming it will adhere to the Perma-plate and hold off on the AIO for a while?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, just go about detailing the car as if it weren`t there. I`m pretty sure AIO will clean it right off. We have a car that had it applied and I just detail it like normal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Most of these packages give you a maintance kit. Follow the instructions on the kit. The product is already paid for. So go ahead and maintain it.

Thread Information