Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve read the warning here many times, and did it anyway. Using the PC to put some polish on the car (3M SMR). The handle started to twist out as I was using it. Lifted it up to tighten the handle... polish everywhere. Windsheild, wiperblades, hood, wall of garage, white t-shirt (did you know that stuff stains?). Oh the horror! Lesson learned the hard way. But, if I can save just one white t-shirt, then my experience wasn`t in vein.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by blktaurus

I`ve read the warning here many times, and did it anyway. Using the PC to put some polish on the car (3M SMR). The handle started to twist out as I was using it. Lifted it up to tighten the handle... polish everywhere. Windsheild, wiperblades, hood, wall of garage, white t-shirt (did you know that stuff stains?). Oh the horror! Lesson learned the hard way. But, if I can save just one white t-shirt, then my experience wasn`t in vein.

I did the same, except I don`t have the handle attached, I ended uo with polish on my face and hair. I jus hope this this is good for skin exfoliation.

Next time use an apron an old T-shirt

Ricardo
    I want my car to be swirl free!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hehe, reminds me of the first time I used my PC:

A friend of mine`s mom is a realtor and wanted her van done (Nissan). I said sure and thought I`d try out the PC with the crap-ola pad that came with it b/c I am currently waiting for CMA to ship my pads to me.

So I start off with some ScratchX and that barely makes a dent... (figuratively speaking of course ) Her hood had alot of swirls and kinda looked like the consistency of sand paper (not quite that extreme but not nearly mirror-like).

Anyways, I am getting annoyed so I jump to the Medium-Cut Cleaner and that worked! :up So i`m tackling the hood and have the PC cruising at speed 6 then I lift the pad off the hood. It started shaking violently and then next thing I know my friend (who was standing next to me) is crouched over holding his face.

With all that shaking, the pad kinda disintegrated! The PC shot off a whole edge and it hit my friend square in the face! I could not stop laughing!

Anyways I was in the middle of the hood so I couldn`t just leave one side looking great and the other... not... so I finished with half a pad.

I tell ya, I dunno if that pad was just crap or what, but I am never lifting a pad off a car again at speed 6! Who knows? Next time it could be my face!
    ~Miguel

Post Thanks / Like
    How about never lift a rotary. I accidentally lifted the rotary the first time I used it and I never did it again. I wonder why

With Aloha,

Ranney

Post Thanks / Like
    the pad that came with my PC also exploded when I was drying it at speed 6. Brand new and off to the trash. Havent had that problem with the CMA`s pads though

Post Thanks / Like
    "NEVER lift the pc" - especially if you`re using VMW.
    My name`s Craig...

...and I`m addicted to detailing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep I made that mistake to after getting mine. I accidently lifted it off the paint and I sprayed, the windsheild, grill, dads truck that was next to mine, and ME!!!!!!!!

Havnt done that a second time yet
    Current favorite combo

Playing with Carnuba`s

Post Thanks / Like
    That is too funny cause I finally used my PC and have been reading everything here the one thing I kept telling myself is "Don`t lift, Don`t lift" the urges were there though!

Post Thanks / Like
    Reason #2359.7 why I don`t use 3M polishes. Their stuff slings like no other I`ve used. And if you let the slung polish dry, may God help you to remove it `cause your gonna need all the help you can get!
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    The first thing I told my son when I was teaching him to use the PC was that if it is on, it must be in contact with the paint and not to lift it immediately when he shuts it off. So far, so good!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Thread Information