Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I started my part-time detailing business LUSTER SHINE , about a year ago.

I usually detail 2-3 cars per week, plus my own 4 cars, averaging close to a car a day.

Since the time I started this work, I`ve lost 68 pounds! Yes I was overweight, and I have changed my eating habits to consume less refined sugar and flour, but I attribute much of my weight-loss success to car detailing!

I just hate excersizing for the sake of excersizing. Walking, running, etc. Just BORING....

So I`ve found my excersize niche..... And detailing has the wonderful side benefit of staying in shape!

Only one problem. When people say "Do you excersize?", I always reply, "Oh yes, I detail cars every day."..

Their response is always the same....

"Oh, I see."

[What they really mean is "Huh?....I don`t get it..."]
    Bill Luster

`00 Trans Am / `82 Vette

Click here for:Bill`s Pictures

Post Thanks / Like
    Try not only detailing all day but following it with skating for 90-120 minutes! Whew! I just added weightlifting (after stopping for about 12 years) and running on the treadmill too.

I have found that even though detailing is physical work, diet is also important (as it seems you have found out as well) because if you eat like a pig, no matter how much you are on your feet working all day, you will gain weight.

BTW, congrats on the weight loss! I`ll bet you feel a lot better now.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

BTW, congrats on the weight loss! I`ll bet you feel a lot better now.

There`s no comparison! My back no longer hurts, I don`t get winded, I have more energy........all of the above!

17 pounds to go to my goal! (and I won`t go back to my old `donut, ice cream, candy bar eating habits!)
    Bill Luster

`00 Trans Am / `82 Vette

Post Thanks / Like
    Rock climbing!! No seriously... :p

Rock climbing gives you some serious hand/arm strength and endurance and I notice that it helps a lot with my detailing.

That and lots of water. Keeps you from cramping up when detailing in the sun.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
    04 ACURA TL SSM/Ebony/Navi
    PICS!! http://homepage.mac.com/maecrispy/PhotoAlbum7.html

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually started off working with my trainer Mr. Miyagi and through his training I learned how to wax on and wax off and now I am a detailer. :lol

I have lost some fat recently as well but it has been from running 3 times a week.

Post Thanks / Like
    I helped a kid detail his Camaro for a car show .. we did the wash/clay/ Menzerna/AIO/SG .. he was 22 .. I am .. ## at the end of 5 hours he was a mess and asked how I could do this then go mow the lawn and house work .. I said add getting up at 5 AM and putting in my 3 hours of werk for my reg job too..BEFORE he showed up at 8:30..

It is hard work and first thing in the spring nearly kills me . But wax on wax off is good for the @ @
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Luster !! 68 pounds ! Congrats ! Good for you. I don`t detail that much, but I know I sleep well after an 8 hour session.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know that detailing, with the help of biking nearly a 100 km a day helps me very much with keeping my physique. I was 180 pounds before, now I`m 160 of muscle. I am also the provinces fastest 100m runner for my age group
    Parents: 2000 Buick Regal GSX.1997 Chevrolet Blazer LT,2003 Infiniti FX45, 21` Bayliner Cruiser

Me: I own a bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Luster...congrats on the weight loss..thats awesome...:up
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Pats300zx

Luster...congrats on the weight loss..thats awesome...:up

Thanks Pat...

Yeah, my eating habits and lack of excersize were just out of control.

I`ve really made a lifestyle change to eat less and excersize more.... pretty simple plan for being healthy!
    Bill Luster

`00 Trans Am / `82 Vette

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Luster

Thanks Pat...

Yeah, my eating habits and lack of excersize were just out of control.

I`ve really made a lifestyle change to eat less and excersize more.... pretty simple plan for being healthy!

You hit the nail on the head, losing weight and keeping it off is a lifestyle change. Keeping it off is the real work. Since having lost 40lbs about 10 years ago from regular exercise and a sensible low fat diet (that Atkins diet is a complete joke as well as potentially damaging to the heart and liver) I have kept it off because I can`t keep still from all the energy I have. Greasy fried food now actually sickens me where once I craved it when I was young and stupid.

Losing weight is the easiest thing to do. Get off your keyster and stop eating junk food like a pig. If you follow that method it`s impossible not to lose weight. How all these fad diets get so popular is beyond me. I love those people who order double baconburgers and fries and a diet coke as they`re watching their weight. :doh
    Is that a new claybar in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Post Thanks / Like
    always a nice thing to hear when someone losese weight. yes, i must say that losing weight is the easy part (i lost about 40 lbs). the reallly hard part is maintaining it, becaues you slowly gain, and it goes up and up. however, just keep active with detailing your cars, and im sure youll be fine!!
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m losing weight steadily but slowly. I was up to 220lbs over winter, now I`m down to about 203 last time I weighed (yesterday). This is watching what I eat (not as good as I should, but more then I was), detailing, roller blading, and just living. I still need to be more active, but I`m happy I lost those pounds, and am back to where I was a year or so ago. Albeit, I wasn`t in the greatest mental state last year, and wasn`t eating much at all. Hm.

Post Thanks / Like
    My solution to weight control is to keep a PC in my hands. Detailing cars leaves little time for Krispy Kreme or any other fattening foods for that matter. Next time you crave some chips go grab some polish and start on that swirl you wanted to remove. Truth be known, I often forget about lunch when I`m detailing a car.

I believe it is a simple matter of calories. Burn more than you consume and you lose weight. The better shape you are in the more you can eat and not gain weight too.

I also run 5k a day which keeps my energy and stamina levels pretty high.

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing I`ve noticed about detailing is it`s great for firming up your lower body. When I did my first full detail this spring the sorest part of my body was the old gluteous maximus on down from the constant squatting up and down.
    Is that a new claybar in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information