Conditioners TS 1-5%

Water 7732-18-5 40-60%

Mop & Glo MSDS: http://householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov...ds&id=18001061

Tributoxyethyl phosphate 1-2%

Dipropylene glycol methyl ether 5-7%

Acrylic resin(s) (unspecified) 2-4%

Acrylic acid polymer/copolymer 25-30%

Nonylphenoxy poly(ethyleneoxy) ethanol, branched 1-2%

Not a whole lot to be learned here, just thought it was interesting. Both actually make the claim to be acrylic. It looks like there are similar percentages of things in there. I`m guessing that water was not included on the Mop & Glo MSDS.

Just thought I`d share, seeing as how I was looking.
    Yes, it floats my boat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some of those ingredients in the Mop & Glo must be responsible for its soapy, cleaning characteristics
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good point, Bill D.

I tried it out on my mom`s Jimmy (SUV) in the wheel wells and on the frame after I cleaned them (not super-thoroughly, though).

Initially, I like what I see. (it was night by the time it was dry.)

It seemed to give a nice natural finish, but blackened the stuff that was brown and grey.

For those who want to know, it reminds me of candle wax once it is dried. That thought just came to mind.

I put it in a Meguiars Quik Detailer bottle to spray it on...that seemed to work great. I suppose it`d be good to try something that didn`t "mist" the product so much.

I`m impressed so far...we`ll see how it holds up.

This is Mop & Glo that I`m talking about, btw. :p
    Yes, it floats my boat.

Post Thanks / Like
    some information about Tributoxyethyl Phosphate from http://phosphorus.akzonobelusa.com/b...sflex/tbep.PDF

Tributoxyethyl Phosphate is a non-reactive, medium viscosity liquid that shows strong resistance to hydrolysis. It

has high solvency for many natural and synthetic resins, and is compatible with waxes, vinyls, cellulosics,

polystyrene, polyacrylates, styrene acrylic copolymers, shellac, nitriles, and chlorinated rubbers.
    Yes, it floats my boat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see it looks good so far:up When my EK supply runs out its Mop & glo or an equicvalent for me too :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you guys diluting it at all?

I have been trying it out and have not been thrilled with the results in that the dirt seems to stick to the wheel wells more than I remember doing when I used other products such as AA and #303.

Post Thanks / Like
    I may be the only one here...but I have a problem with soaking everything under the hood with Mop N Glo.

As far as fenderliners....I use 303, Zaino`s Tire Dressing or Sprayway Non-Silicone Tire Shine. The Sprayway works like I would think the Griot`s underecarriage spray works...it makes the shocks and springs look nice and clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont use anything but 303 under my hood. EK and eventually M&G for the wheel wells only. I got a kick how many of us,myself included wouldn`t even think of using that product called Engine Kote for our engine components. It seems to dry unevenly and look saggy. The 303 looks better and actually provides protection to the vinyl,plastic, rubber parts.

IMHO I`m through with spraying tire shine on my wells, just way too much dirt and dust attraction and the slightest rain very often washes it away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, I didn`t dillute it at all...and I think it probably goes on thicker when spraying it than wiping it on. I suppose I should at least try dilluting it.

I`m curious to see how much dirt + dust it attracts also. Right now, I suspect that it will attract less dirt than silicone based products (AA, 303, tire sprays). I went out today to feel it...it is not sticky "tacky" like it was last night. Right now, it feels perfect...almost like nothing is there...clean plastic.
    Yes, it floats my boat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I think if you try diluting Mop & Glo its going to be too different from EK and not perform as you`d expect. The look of clean plastic, not overly shiny but not dull would be how I describe it too :up

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting...

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been trying Mop-N-Glo. I like the look but I haven`t found it to be a spray on and leave product. To get the look I want, I wipe down the wheel wells to get a more even look. I also tend to us a lot of product. I may need to get a different spray bottle.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s only wheel wells!

For me, it doesn`t have to look perfectly smooth, just mostly smooth. I guess I have lower expectations for wheel wells, but then again my car is 14 years old, and my mom just apreciates me doing her Jimmy.

If you want perfection in your wheel wells and other areas where "the sun don`t shine," then hats off to you! :bounce
    Yes, it floats my boat.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m considering getting a sponge on a stick type tile cleaning brush to get in there and spread the EK/MnG evenly sometime.

Yeah, I`m way overboarding seeking perfection with the wells and undercarriage. Just picture a pair of legs sticking out from under the car and the sound of a PC humming..thats me polishing my mufflers and exhaust

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve tried it; once.

Diluted, 1 part MnG, 1 part Water.

QUITE unimpressed after 30 minutes! Really, it was worthless. Completely unacceptable. Not a subjective thing, it just sucked.

I`ll give it a full strength try this week. I`m not optomistic, but I will try it...

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information