Post Thanks / Like
    First off thanks to Corey (CoreyBitSpank) for showing me autopia and helping me out with my questions.

I am going to detail my Integra tonight and I have just a few questions.

Method:

Mother`s Claybar

Meguiars #9, applied with Terry Cloth, removed with MF.

Meguiars NXT, applied with pad, removed with MF.

Questions:

I have some light waterspotting on the windows and the paint. Should I polish/clay the windows?

I plan on leaving the 9 on until it is almost dry, then removing it. Is this the correct method?

How long should the NXT be on? How long inbetween coats?

I am a newbie when it comes to detailing, mostly because I`m afraid of ruining something.

Any help is appreciated, TIA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Regarding the #9, not really. There`s never any reason to let any polish sit on the paint. You work it into the paint until it`s broken down and then wipe off the residue, at no time do you let it just sit and haze.

I`ve never used #9, so I don`t know how long you need to work it. Some polishes will be removed while they are still wet (such as the 1Z polishes), and others will need to be worked into they are dry and powdery (Meg`s #83 - DACP). Hopefully someone who`s used #9 could chime in. I know there are a few Meg`s products that you are not supposed to work until it`s completely dry (such as ScratchX), but I don`t *think* any of the Mirror Glaze products fall into that category.

John
    2008 Subaru Outback - Obsidian Black Pearl

1997 Acura Integra - Adriatic Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jaobrien6

Regarding the #9, not really. There`s never any reason to let any polish sit on the paint. You work it into the paint until it`s broken down and then wipe off the residue, at no time do you let it just sit and haze.

I`ve never used #9, so I don`t know how long you need to work it. Some polishes will be removed while they are still wet (such as the 1Z polishes), and others will need to be worked into they are dry and powdery (Meg`s #83 - DACP). Hopefully someone who`s used #9 could chime in. I know there are a few Meg`s products that you are not supposed to work until it`s completely dry (such as ScratchX), but I don`t *think* any of the Mirror Glaze products fall into that category.

John

Thanks for your quick response...others?

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t had too much luck with #9 on my black civic. From what I read on other posts, it`s a mild SMR, and for my swirls, I need something stronger like #83 to start with. #9 is supposed to be worked in till it hazes.

I also tried the 1Z MP on my wifes Accord, and was really impressed with the results, and the ease of it`s removal. I`m going to try the 1Z PP on my Civic in a few months when it`s time to re-Klasse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Albs.

I also picked up some LiquiTech (Finish First Polish) Finish Prep Precleaner, and Clean-X Professional Glass Strip.

Starting, later.

Post Thanks / Like
    CHANC!!!!

I saw pictures and it turned out well. You need to take some close ups. You can reapply the NXT if you want, or go over it with a non cleaning paste wax. Or you can use a quick wax such as Eagle One Wax As You Dry or Meguiars. Up to you.

From talking to you, it seems like you did everything right. Ergo, everything the way I would have (which I hope is the most effective way).

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it didn`t turn out to bad. Had I not finished wen the sun was coming up I would have taken pictures lol.

Here is a picture after driving 300 miles in a freakin downpour.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like that was part of my problem with the Scratch X. It was 1st time using buffer also. Think I was buffing it in too long. It didn`t want to come off. PITA! Seems like you just had to work it in for a few seconds and wipe. Sound about right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Slick

Sounds like that was part of my problem with the Scratch X. It was 1st time using buffer also. Think I was buffing it in too long. It didn`t want to come off. PITA! Seems like you just had to work it in for a few seconds and wipe. Sound about right?

I just worked it in by hand panel by panel and wiped off right after.

Thread Information