Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Just the other day I decided to quickly wash and Z-6 my car while I had the time. It was VERY dirty. I used a water blade to initially dry my car and after I had done that, and gone over it with a towel to remove any remaining water, I looked at my hood and noticed that I missed a couple spots while washing. There were a few areas where light dust could be seen but the worst part was I went over all that with the water blade! You could even see the marks in the dust where the blade had skid along the hood! That made me want to cry. Not only did I potentially scratch the hell out of my paint but I just finished drying and now I had to do it all over again. DOH!

So, that got me thinking... How many of you have screwed up big like that before and what`s your story?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like me. Ever so often something stupid happens to me. Last stupid thing I did was after wash and dry pulled her into the garge and decide to sweep the driveway down, put broom back into the garge and it slid off the wall onto the car door. Lucky it didnt cause any damage.

Post Thanks / Like
    You mean like lift the PC before shutting off, NAH!!!!!!!!!! NOT ME! (big lie)

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jlfrogy

You mean like lift the PC before shutting off, NAH!!!!!!!!!! NOT ME! (big lie)

No never, not me either.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by GearHead_1

No never, not me either.

That makes three of us then!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Deemo

That makes three of us then!

4`s a charm!

Man, I have done so many stupid things, but NONE of which resulted in any real damage...mostly just more detailing time.

Post Thanks / Like
    5, 6, and 7......it gets fun after awhile....

Post Thanks / Like
    if ur bored try it with a rotary soaked in water.....:bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    Day one with my PC. Freshly washed, wet, crappy white foam pad on it(Coastal tool). Tried the spin dry method. All the water went to one side of the pad. Force was too great. A large chunk of soaking wet pad tore off and went flying across the garage. No more spin drying for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I first started using the PC I was working on my friends` beater and had become enamored with how well DACP and a yellow pad was thinning out a 4 inch scratch just below and parallel to the drivers side window. Well, if a little work was good then a lot would be better, so I loaded up the pad with DACP, cranked it up to 6 and went after the rest of the scratch. After about 30 seconds of basically boring the pad into this scratch, I pulled the PC away and the scratch was all but gone...so was the pinstriping just below it. So now there`s this 6 inch section of almost non-existent pinstripe right where you have to look at it everytime you get in the car. Considering the rest of the car looked much better and it was a beater to begin with, the owner didn`t mind, but all I could think about was what if this had been a real beauty queen I`d just botched and how I`d have been handing the owner a personal check along with his keys when they came to pick it up. Thank goodness for forgiving friends and for a cheap lesson learned.
    "Life`s tough. It`s tougher if you`re stoopid."

02 Subaru Forester

97 Lexus LS400

Post Thanks / Like
    popped my hood with the wipers in the "upright" position. then went around to the front and lifted it up the rest of the way.. :O it look about an inch of paint off the pack lip of the hood.
    clean car = happy car

Post Thanks / Like
    i accidently sprayed tire shine on my car i thought it was my detail spray bottle.

Post Thanks / Like
    You don`t think I`d tell YOU, would ya?

Post Thanks / Like
    How about spending the day detailing and after the final wipedown was done and I stepped back to look at my work, I stepped right on the hose nozzel and here comes a rain shower, all over me AND the car!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok one time was pulling the hose to reach the other side of the truck.It was stuck on the tire, so I went to unhook it and saw it was also wrapped around the soap bucket. Yup dumped a brand new batch of Sonax soapy water over. :doh The funny thing is I did it twice!!!! On the same wash.:angry

Now I keep the bucket next to the stairs and I walk to it.

Haven`t dumped another bucket since! :xyxthumbs
    2018 Ram Big Horn CTD
    2009 Lexus IS250
    1999 ChampioN 181 Bassboat
    1968 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 4spd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information