Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it really true that, `The dirtier it gets, the better it works`, as it says on the packaging? How can it be? If I were the marketing guy, Id be having a fit.. How can you expect to sell more of them, if users keep them forever, because they keep getting dirtier??

Post Thanks / Like
    When your markup is 300% on a product you really don`t need repeat customers

Post Thanks / Like
    That and the fact that if you like the car duster you will be more incline to by the water blade, the dash duster, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys,

that explains why they dont need repeat customers for that product (although what business turns their nose up at repeat business?) . But, what about the claim, `the dirtier it gets, the better it works`? Can there be Any basis for that in fact? Does the dirt on the duster `adhere` the dust on the car`s surface??

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried the California Duster myself once, didn`t like it one bit actually. I was told to let it sit on a piece of newspaper for a day or so before use to get the best results. Doesn`t appear that it had an effect on the performance.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had my CCD for a few years. There is some truth to the statement "The dirtier it gets, the better it works." When the duster is new, it leaves streaks on the paint. But after a few days resting on newspaper and after several uses, it works much better. Mine looks really dirty now, but still works great. I give it a good shake before each use to dis-lodge any particles and ocassionally give it the once over with the vacuum.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a few that are many years old, as i see it, once the streaking phase from the paraffin ends, they don`t necessarily dust "better" as they get older, they remove dust the same without any sptreaking
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never did find out if mine worked better .. Its on the shelf .. even after 2 weeks on numerous news papers in a hot area it still streaked on my black car and micromarred. Not much good to me if it can only be used in the shade on a cool car when a lot of shows are outside and the sun is out when you arrive.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    Jesstzn,

I never had the problem you`re experiencing. In your case, if you have a DF Towel, you could substitute that for the duster.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love my CCD...probably the best thing in my garage because it keeps me from washing my car every two weeks (my car only gets dusty, not dirty). I`ve never have problem with streaks. I don`t think the "dirtier" CCD works better because you have to shake out the CCD all the time to get rid of the parafin embedded dust particles, otherwise the CCD will trap too much dust and loses its pickup ability.
    swirl marks = enemy

Post Thanks / Like
    I totally agree

Post Thanks / Like
    >>Mine looks really dirty now, but still works great. I give it a good shake before each use to dis-lodge any particles and ocassionally give it the once over with the vacuum.<<

Ive got a white M3 so I never noticed any streaking even when new. Do those strands of yarn just keep their ability to lift the dirt? Would anything good be accomplished by occasionally spraying some spay on carnauba lightly on the yarns and letting it dry?

Ive read provisos to, ` ... dont be fooled by imitations.. only use the wood handled ones...`, etc, etc. Well, I have two; one is wood handled, and one plastic.. they BOTH say California Car Duster, or whatever, and they both have the same black plastic wrapped holder. I wind up using the plastic handled one for the lower car and wheels, and the wooden one the upper panels, and horizontal surfaces.. Arent they BOTH genuine cal dusters? Otherwise, they couldnt label them as such I would think.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would be real iffy about spraying additional wax on a duster. FWIW,I have one thats 10 years old, still works well, I use that on a white car too. Everything I ever read and saw with my own eyes leads me to conclude that wood handle and plastic handle kind have the same head. As a matter of fact, I just recently started seeing the wood handle kind being sold in Pep Boys

Post Thanks / Like
    >>As a matter of fact, I just recently started seeing the wood handle kind being sold in Pep Boys<<

Well, on mine, the plastic one actually has a `mop section` which looks the same, only the yarns are definitely shorter!

Post Thanks / Like
    :nixweiss Maybe that`s something new for this year with those wood handle models. FWIW, I`ve had nothing but success using the plastic handle kind, I wonder if yarn length truly is significant. I only barely touch the surface of the paint when I dust any way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information