Post Thanks / Like
    My mother-in-law has a white 1987 Thunderbird that I plan to detail this weekend. It only has 28K miles, has been garage kept, and my father in law has been waxing it twice a year forever with Turtle wax (it looks ok considering it is 17 years old).

I plan to get the Klasse twins on it but was wondering about the polishing phase of this project. It doesn`t look like it has a lot of oxidation but I figure it probably has more than I think and just doesn`t show up on the white paint. After I wash and clay the car I was wondering if I could get by with some #9 SFP and then AIO and SG or if I would need to get the DACP after claying.

I am not really experienced with the PC and DACP but I also figure this would be a good car to try it on and learn. The problem is I am lazy and would like to get this done in one day without having to go to the chiropractor the next day.

Without seeing pictures (I may get some posted before I start but I doubt if they will show enough detail anyway) I know it is hard for you to know ... but do you think that the #9 will be sufficient ? There are not visible swirls or a lot of visible scratches and I was thinking that the #9 polish would make it look much better and hoping that the AIO would remove any minor oxidation problems. Please let me know if I am missing the boat!

Post Thanks / Like
    You may not need the #9. AIO is very good at removing oxidation. After you wash and clay, try out a small area with AIO and see if that makes you happy. If not, you can go to the #9.

Do you have a PC? If you do, you can use it with the AIO also to achieve great results. I am sure the #9 would help out, so it`s really up to you and what you feel like doing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I do have a PC and am happy to know that AIO and a PC should take care of any minor oxidation problems. That is the answer I was hoping to hear since it will save me a lot of time.

Post Thanks / Like
    My in-law`s T-Bird is a 1987 with 29,330 miles. They are 88 and 86 and only drive about 10 miles a week.

I ended up washing, claying, AIO w/PC, and SG x 2. Used 303 throughout the interior, door seals, and black exterior trim. Used AIO on the wheels and Turtle Wax Formula 2001 Tire Gel on the tires (my father-in-law loves shiny tires). The AIO really did a great job on the wheels and for a car this age it looked prety clean. I know... I know....pictures. I will try to attach some now:

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 5 pictures I wanted to attach but since I am a moron I have no idea how to do it. Help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Click browse in the attach file section below. Then just find the picture file and double click, and post message. That should do it.

blazer95

Thread Information