Thread: NewB Here

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Gents and Women,

I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself as the new guy. When I first got my car a year ago I really knew nothing about detailing and could care less but to wash it. Now I have come a long way.

Currently I have been using Zaino until I decided to try that Tropi-Care, didn`t turn out the way I wanted so I am back to Zaino. I came here to learn more about the detailing process as well as research the PC 7474 and Menzerna in hopes of purchasing some soon.

Thanks for your time
    99 Z28 - Pewter

Zaino RULES!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome :wavey
    " A car doesn`t have to be the fastest or most powerful to be the love of your life."- Temperacerguy

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to stick with Zaino, do a search for Nick`s Zaino tips (probably in the hall of fame forum) and if you want to try other products, go through the product discussion forum. Either way, you will find more than enough information to take your skills and knowledge to the next level.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    :welcome

Good places to start getting good tips is from David`s How-to series in the Autopia Store and at Better Car Care. They`re pretty much the same info but Better Car Care has a few more advanced articles. He even has a section on Zaino tips.

You`ll love the PC if you decide to purchase one. Gives you consistant results and less fatigue. Check out The Definitive PC Thread for some good infomation on the PC plus a couple of links to other info also.
    `96 Jeep Cherokee Country - White - Gray Leather Interior

`02 Volkswagen Passat GLX - Reflex Silver - Black Leather Interior - 5 spd Manual

Post Thanks / Like
    what didn`t you like about the tropicare? Ive used both and they leave a similar look and the tc is a little easier to apply.
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much for the welcome as well as informative links. I`ll be sure to read through them as I know how annoying it can get for those who don`t know how to search.

LJ, tropi-care just didn`t seem up my alley. I purchased it because I was running out of Zaino and decided to try the new sponsor at LS2.com (my other home). I found it very thick and harder to apply. It seemed like a little Zaino would go a long way but just doesn`t seem the same with tropicare. I thought it gave a good shine, but let`s face it, anything can shine with the proper wax and light combination. I just didn`t like the application as well as getting it off. The next day as I decided to do a friend of mine`s F150 with Zaino, I re fell in love with my Zaino. The smell took me in and I was once again thrilled. Heh, don`t get me wrong, with more patience I am sure I could have gotten more out of it, but I love my Zaino. BTW my Tropi-care is for sale on LS2.com if your interested heh.
    99 Z28 - Pewter

Zaino RULES!

Thread Information