Post Thanks / Like
    Last night, I made a really stupid, ridiculous mistake that I`m sure all Autopians would have a really good laugh.

One of my car was already treated weekly to NXT for the past 3 weeks. Last night, I was thinking of freshening it up in preparation for a layer of S100 on top. I grabbed the NXT Booster Wax Spray bottle from the shelf and started to use as directed by the instructions. The car was freshly washed and dried beforehand.

Horror of horrors! The stuff smeared the paintwork badly and refuse to buff off cleanly. It was like pushing around a layer of thin oil. Frustrated, I wiped down with water, dried it and applied a layer of NXT. Buffed it off to reveal a fantastic shine. Problem solved.

It was only later that I discovered my mistake...

Instead of grabbing the NXT booster wax (pump spray), I had accidentally grabbed the NXT Protectant and used it on my car!!!!!! How stupid!

When I relooked closely, I realised why I had made the mistake.

I was in a rush and both products share the same bottle, same colour scheme on the labels. At a glance, they looked almost the same!!!!

Anyway, it can happen to anyone of us. Just a contribution from me so that if you`re in rush, pls look at the label before you use the NXT Booster Wax. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, hey, we all make mistakes :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    Wait till you put protectant on the window.......:bounce
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wait till you put protectant on the window.......

A couple of weeks ago (In a moment of brainlessness) I realized that Stoner`s Trim Shine does not have the same streak-free cleaning properties of their Invisible Glass product. That was messy trying to get off that half of the windshield.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used my water/woolite mix on glass a few times and yes, the appearance of the NXT booster and protectant bottles are close enough that one of these days, I may do the same!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    i did that one time except it was a megauirs natural shine bottle for my wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    For fear I may use Engine Kote in place of QS:scared , because they look the same when transfered to custom pump spray bottles, I mark the tops with product codes EK, QS, etc.
    You learn to become Great by doing what other Great people have done before you.

Post Thanks / Like
    nothing beats me opening a car`s door to do the interior, and dinging it against a bench........:sosad :sosad

Post Thanks / Like
    4 years ago, goldclass liquid wax substituted for goldclass leather conditioner ...

Post Thanks / Like
    I cant tell you how many times I picked up the wrong product.Knowing that all 3 MEGS NXT products have the same bottle and knowing how stupid I can be I bought colored spray bottles from HOME DEPOT and changed bottles that same day.LIVE AND LEARN

Thread Information