Post Thanks / Like
    I just recently purchased a 98 Lexus es300 from my father in law(more like stole at the price he sold it to me) It was his company car and was detailed by a local company. Nothin fancy but the last 6 months to year it wasnt. The car is in overall excellent shape..no dings very few rock chips no major scratches. Interior needs cleaning(scuffs on door panels) and leather is not cracked but would like it softer. Paint has virtually no swirling visible and VERY minimal marring/webbing. Absolutely no beading or sheeting so obviously not waxed or none left.I plan to clay w/ either the perfect shine clay or wait for the new improved sonus brand block glide and waffle as there are some contaminants on the hood that are noticableas they are jsut now starting to rust. So far I believe that I am going to wash w/ dawn, clay, repeat wash w/ dawn...after that I have no idea. I want to bring this car up to autopia standards(car is dark green btw). Thought about using nxt as my local oreilly`s has bottles stacked all over the place. But what other products should I use? I want a deep gloss on the paint, and a clean interior, w/ soft supple leather. Engine looks fairly clean but would like to bring that up as well. Thanks for the input guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    First of all I`d like to welcome you over to the Lexus Owners Club, us.lexusownersclub.com

As for the steps, take some time to read here, take a couple of days. Go through the whole learn section and read everything you can, THEN we can help point you in the right direction. There is much to learn.

As for the clay, IMHO no need to wait or buy anything fancy. Mothers makes an excellent claybar you can buy anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I dont think I am gonna use an smr but should I polish or jsut clay and top w/ the nxt? Also any recomendations on cleaning the cloth factory speaker grill? I have a tan interior and they look dingy.

Post Thanks / Like
    :welcome

As for the steps, take some time to read here, take a couple of days. Go through the whole learn section and read everything you can, THEN we can help point you in the right direction. There is much to learn.

Follow this advice GoodnClean gave.

If you want to speed things up on your application, read the How To articles by David Bynon. Hit the Learn Icon. Search the How to Polish Paint, see Evaluating Your Car`s Paint.

Enjoy:xyxthumbs
    You learn to become Great by doing what other Great people have done before you.

Thread Information