Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to have an opportunity to detail a few vehicles in the coming weeks and I`m not exactly sure which product would be best used.

Both vehicles are in very similar condition: They are both black, 1997 with two stage paint. Paint condition for each is fair with slight oxidation and mild to moderate swirling and the occasional light scratch here and there. Neither vehicle is regularly detailed, so durability should be strongly considered.

I do have a PC, and will try out the products on my own "beater" before touching the other vehicles. My preliminary thought based on what I`ve read on the boards is to use DACP or 3MSMR (I`ve already got some of that) to try to clean up the paint a little, and to then finish with a coat or two of NXT (1 PC applied, 1 hand applied).

Does this approach make sense? Is the 3MSMR more or less aggressive than the DACP?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Post Thanks / Like
    My preliminary thought based on what I`ve read on the boards is to use DACP or 3MSMR (I`ve already got some of that) to try to clean up the paint a little, and to then finish with a coat or two of NXT (1 PC applied, 1 hand applied).

Is it 39009 for Dark cars?

Some would follow up with a second step, do a small area and analyze the paint.

NXT has a cure time between coats.

Some say 3M`s 30009 is under #83 in cutting ability.
    You learn to become Great by doing what other Great people have done before you.

Post Thanks / Like
    The 3MSMR that I already have is indeed the 39009. Haven`t really used it yet, looking forward to trying it in a few places on my daily driver.

Thanks for the reply.

Would it be better to get the Klasse AIO, or the NXT???

If I were to get the AIO, would it be necessary to get the SG??

Post Thanks / Like
    Would it be better to get the Klasse AIO, or the NXT???If I were to get the AIO, would it be necessary to get the SG??

AIO, will have more usage, because it cleans, polishes, protects, shines, a light swirl mark remover and has stood the test of time.:up

NXT looks much different on my car than AIO, see the thread "Scottwax Man vs Machine" to see pics and give you an idea of what NXT may look like on stage one black Lexus paint.:nixweiss

Prep is the KEY though!:up

It is not necessary to get the SG, although they work together well, no need to experiment.

If you just want two solid products, and have the homework done for you, consider the twins.

If you don`t want to go on a product quest...

Best advice, do a search purhaps in the click and brag and find a car with simular paint and find out what they used and if you like the look, and results, than 1/2 the work is done for you.:xyxthumbs

Be advised, too much analysis causes paralysis:scared
    You learn to become Great by doing what other Great people have done before you.

Thread Information