Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been reading the PC threads using the "search" function, but I`m still a little confused.

I want to buy a PC + Pads. But it`s a little confusing to know which PC to get.

I think I want a 7336 + 6" Velcro Backing Plate. Coastal Tool seems to have a good deal on this. Many buy at Lowe`s and then buy a velcro pad elsewhere. Then, I would use 6.5" concave pads with this.

Other threads suggest to get the 7424 + 5" Velcro Backing Plate. They say this combo fits the 6.5" pads better, and there is less vibration. The 7424 also has a smaller counterweight which helps the vibration issue. A good deal appears to be at PAC or DetailersParadise.

Still other threads suggest using a 7336 + 6" Velcro Backing Plate and 7.5" Pads.

I am not looking to become a professional detailer here. I just want to use a PC for polishing and waxing my personal vehicles. I only want to buy this once. What is an appropriate combination to purchase? Unfortunately, I do not have the $$ to try out all the various combos of backing plates and pads. I do realize the 7424 and 7336 are very similar with the exception of the counterweight. There is a LOT of info on this site about this polisher. But I`m just a little confused. I`m hoping to buy something in the next couple of weeks. But, I may have to put it off until I can make an informed decision.

Thanks a lot for any input.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for saving me the typing!!!

I was going to ask the exact same thing today

:up

Post Thanks / Like
    I too would like to know. Plus I`ll be using it for business use in my forthcoming detailing shop.
    `05 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster
    `08 Scion tC Totaled 5/7/12 by some idiot red-light runner.
    "The undisturbed mind is like the calm body water reflecting the brilliance of the moon. Empty the mind and you will realize the undisturbed mind." - Yagyu Jubei

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m writing a complete PC User`s Guide for the next edition of www.bettercarcare.com. In it I give a pretty good run down of backing plates, pads and what I`ve found works the best. It`s a rare case in which "bigger, is not always better!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by DavidB

I`m writing a complete PC User`s Guide for the next edition of www.bettercarcare.com. In it I give a pretty good run down of backing plates, pads and what I`ve found works the best. It`s a rare case in which "bigger, is not always better!"

Ah, the self-proclaimed "Ringmaster" only gives a little tease on his article instead of revealing his opinions...

Apparantly, this is a bigger mystery than I thought.

BTW, I enjoy your "how-to" series on bettercarcare.com. I`m sure your User Guide will be great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t forget to look at this thread

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...threadid=14421
    2004 Chrysler T&C Platinum Series - Brilliant Black

2009 Hyundai Sonata - Black

Post Thanks / Like
    Which counterweight should ideally be used with the PC7424, 5" flexi backing plate and 6.5" pads? I have both the 6" and 5" counterweights and cannot see/feel any difference in operation of the PC with either of them!
    My name`s Craig...

...and I`m addicted to detailing!

Thread Information