Post Thanks / Like
    No matter how much I rub in the product, when I drive the vehicle I get splatters all over my car from the tire shine. I can`t always have the car sit overnight while the product soaks in.

Any tips to minimize this?

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually buff the tires after about 15 minutes of letting the product to soak in. I have no slinging problems doing it this way.

its naturally curly...... 6cyl's_of_fury's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Use something different?
    Detail your car, do it. No seriously, do it.

The Black Beast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve tried ArmorAll Ultra-shine, Black Magic tire wet foam, numerous foam brands, Dura-shine tire dressing... I do not recommend this.... Talk about major slinging, even the next day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by scottabir

I usually buff the tires after about 15 minutes of letting the product to soak in. I have no slinging problems doing it this way.

That`s what I do. Buffing the tire dressing off of my tires after it has soaked will remove all/most of the excess that seems to minimize the amount that slings off onto my car.
    Insert witty quip here...

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like
    Second the buffing afterwards motion. It should take care of the problem.

You might also try decreasing the amount you`re using and get to the minimum amount that will give you the look you want.
    Few problems in life can`t be solved by chocolate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Those foam products are rubbish. A liquid dressing applied to the tyres and a cloth and buffing the tyres will prevent this. Tyre gels, foams and other products that don`t need to be buffed I don`t like.

I`ll stick with my Seal it and JAL rejuvinator. I`m interested by the detailking spirit free dressing though. can`t get it in OZ though.
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve struggled with this for over a year..tried Meg Endrnce, Armrall foam, Hotshine, Clearkote, etc..etc. Now my method is :clean tire with GPC..let dry..spray on NXT Protectant and LEAVE ALONE for about 15 to 20 minutes. Then..take an old rag and wipe tire in a circular motion to remove excess and work in a little. This is now my all time favorite look. Turns my tires black with a slight sheen to them...not oily or shiny. The best part is they still look like this the following Saturday morning when I get to wash her again...plus no sign of that brown stuff coming to the surface. This technique works for me. If you like the low gloss, black look for your tires, give this method a try...oh yeah..no sling at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used two products that I`m fond of.

EO Wet Tire Shine

Apply with swipe to each tire. On second lap around car, buff off. Make a second buff lap just to make sure. Never had a sling, but it`s a little too shiny for me, and didn`t hold up to the winter rains very well.

Armor All Original (currently used):

Apply with red shop rag. On second lap, buff off. Never a sling. Very light satin look, but will take about four applications until the silicones have really seeped into the rubber. Lasts a long time, not sure really, as it`s very easy to do so I keep up with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer a bit a gloss to my tires -- but not too much -- and I find that the Eagle One Tire Wet works best for me. I use a foam applicator, spray the applicator with the tire wet, and apply to the tire. After allowing the product to set on the tires for approx 10-15 minutes, I take a papertowel and remove the excess that might sling.

I have noticed that this has resulted in a dramatic reduction in "sling" and still allows me to maintain a semi-gloss sheen on my tires.

Thread Information