Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, just wondering what would actually happen if I applied a coat of say Turtle Wax Ultra Shine over Klasse SG without giving it more than say 1 1/2 hours to cure? Will it hurt the paint, or will it just not last as long as it would if I allowed it to cure.
    Parents: 2000 Buick Regal GSX.1997 Chevrolet Blazer LT,2003 Infiniti FX45, 21` Bayliner Cruiser

Me: I own a bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think your paint would be damaged per se, but you may not see the full benefits of the carnuba on top of the SG.

Post Thanks / Like
    But it would still add somthing ontop of the SG, to give it a darker look right. I have a customer that wants me to use Klasse, but doesn`t want me to use 2 days to do the car, since thats how long it takes for the SG to "cure". So applying a carnuba would just add somthing, just not get the full effects out of it?
    Parents: 2000 Buick Regal GSX.1997 Chevrolet Blazer LT,2003 Infiniti FX45, 21` Bayliner Cruiser

Post Thanks / Like
    The carnuba topper may add some "pop", but the appearance and protection will be affected by not allowing the SG to fully cure.

Have you considered a synthetic wax like 1Z Glanz? It mimics the carnuba look, while still having the durability of a synthetic?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya, I have, but he wants me to use Klasse. I don`t really care how long it lasts. I told him that it wont last nearly as long as a more thorough carnuba job the next day...oh well.

Would turtle wax give me a nice pop?

Post Thanks / Like
    I read that if you top a sealant with a wax within 24 hours, you are not layering but creating a blend of the two products.
    " A car doesn`t have to be the fastest or most powerful to be the love of your life."- Temperacerguy

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting....maybe it will create a super wax or somthing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Or maybe your car will sponteneously combust. :scared
    Is that a new claybar in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Post Thanks / Like
    the new tw is a cleaner wax which might remove the sg and your hard work .try a wax topper without cleaners,s100,megs -26, or # 16
    wax on,wipe off zen wax again
    no camera here,just my own experiences .observations and opinions.

"I never met a man who thought his thinking was faulty!" M. Montaigne

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll try to find somthing with no cleaners. I was just giving a example of a topper. Also, what kind of cheap waxes don`t have cleaners and are off the shelf.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Buick_guy

I have a customer that wants me to use Klasse, but doesn`t want me to use 2 days to do the car
    Easy choice. Inform the customer of the possible rammifications and then just do it. Not gonna hurt the car this way, you just might miss out on some durability. But if this is what the customer wants, then give it to them.

Originally posted by Buick_guy

Also, what kind of cheap waxes don`t have cleaners and are off the shelf.
    Meguiar`s #26, or perhaps Mothers California are readily available at any Autozone, Murray`s PepBoys, etc. Got a Harley dealer up there? Go for S100.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try Mothers California Gold. It was easy to use for me and leaves a nice shine. I got mine at Canadian Tire. It`s normally about $18 CDN but they always got sales going there on different stuff for like 30% off. I find CT to have the best prices for the cheaper stuff. Any cleaner wax will usually say so on the bottle. CT got lots of cheap waxes, just don`t use the Simoniz paste wax. Tried that once and it was a PITA to buff off. It`s on sale right now for 50% off but you`ll know why if you use it.

Post Thanks / Like
    LMAO, thanks guys. So would putting the 3 coats of SG on hurt anything, other than the longer protection. Still give me a shinyer finish?

Post Thanks / Like
    If you mean putting on 3 coats one after another without waiting then who knows but I don`t remember anybody here doing that. I think you would be wasting your time and product. It might also be a real pain to buff off with 3 consecutive applications.

I would just go for the carnauba on top if you`re stuck for time. Cheaper and less work.

Thread Information