Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone use the UGE/4 STAR QD frequently? I use it on my Porsche 996 and it seems to work good with the 2x UPP I have on the car. I just put WG on my wife`s Explorer recently but haven`t purchased the WG QD yet. I have used Z6 on WG and really like it.

The UGE/4 STAR QD at 39.95 for 1 gallon seems like a great deal to me at premiumautocare.com (compared to 59.95 for WG QD 1 gallon) but would like to know others experiences with it on any of the other sealants. I`d buy a gallon of Z6 in a minute if Sal sold in bulk!

BTW: I currently have the following sealants/waxes on the shelf (I switch whenever I get bored) - UPP, Zaino, Klasse Twins, WG Twins, Pinnacle Liquid and Paste Glaz, Sonus QD, Z6, UGE, Megs FI, and Eagle One QD. 2x UPP on the Porsche and 1x WG on the Explorer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t really have and answer to your question, but I just received a shipment of UGE and the newest UPP today. I noticed that UGE smells just like Sonus QD, which makes me wonder if they just use the same fragrance or if there is something else similar about them... Also, they must have *really* reformulated UPP, because it has a very strong solvent smell now (dare I say it smells like NuFinsh?). The last bottle I bought was maybe 1.5 years ago and it has the "wintergreen" smell. Anyway, that`s all I can do at work right now -- smell them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought the gallon of 4* QD it works great I have used it on over SG and UPP and it brings up the slickness and some shine.

On the bottle it says it is designed to work over other products as well, not just UPP, even carnauba although I have not tried that.
    " A car doesn`t have to be the fastest or most powerful to be the love of your life."- Temperacerguy

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn`t think that Four Star GE has anything else in common with Sonus than smell. They aren`t made by the same company at all. I think a lot of products may share similar smells because those are just the scents available to the market.

I happen to really like the Four Star GE. Its the only QD I have used until Wolfgang came out that actually added a bit of sparkle to the surface. I use it for cleaning off bird bombs or water drips, but it still looks great if used on the entire car. Mostly I use it on my wheels after washing them to clean off the water spots and any brake dust that is hiding on them. Its great stuff and one of the products I buy by the gallon because I use it so much.

Thread Information