Post Thanks / Like
    I think #40 is better,I used NXT and found it to be very greasy.

What about you ?

Post Thanks / Like
    NXT is alot more greasy than Megs #40. However, I still like it. I just buff with a MF towel and it reduces the shine.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    NXT protectant is very durable on tires:xyxthumbs
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Post Thanks / Like
    I never tried on tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    Workds great on wheels as well, brake dust does not stick as easy and it washes off easier

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used both and really like the new NXT but I`ll probably go back to 40 after a while. #40 is such a good product with a consistent result and although it`s not as glossy it still provides a nice look. Also when you buy it in gallons it`s more convenient and more reasonably priced.
    "If we weren`t all crazy..We`d all go insane" Jimmy Buffett

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t have very good results with the NXT on my trim. It seemed to never apply evenly, and then ran with the first slight rain. I also had the worst static, ever, when I did a wipe-down after letting it set.

I`m using #38, now, and it seems to be great. Waiting on durability results, but Scottwax gave it a good review a while back and I trust I`ll like it too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NHBFAN

NXT protectant is very durable on tires:xyxthumbs

Who lied to you? After the first rain that product is nearly gone. Spots everywhere and the trim is not black anymore. I don`t consider that durable at all. I have since trashed the product and went back to 303!
    Antonio Wright - Mdetailer@Gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve tried out NXT Protectant this past week and found it to be two-faced. On one hand, it was greasy and did not apply to my fender flares very evenly (I used Meg`s Vinly & Rubb Protect to fix it), but, when I used it on my tires I was *STUNNED* I put a heaping load on all four tires and let it sit for about 30 mins. A lot of it soaked in, and much ran off. But, I wiped down the residue with a towel and it left my tires looking new (which says alot for mine) - with a nice matte look that had just a hint of shiny-ness. :xyxthumbs I was surprised when NONE spun off onto my fenders like Eagle Wet always seems to do (no matter no careful I am). So far NXT`s durability has surprised me - I drove through some rain the past few days and my truck also sat through more in the parking lot, and it didn`t come off the tires at all. Actually, in defense of the product, I also had used it on my bumpers and it hasn`t run off there either (while the Meg`s regular stuff did run off the fender flares). So, It`s definately staying in my box of goodies for awhile! Big thumbs up for NXT Protectant from me. :up
    I control the weather....everytime I detail it rains....

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, well. Maybe *I* must be doing something wrong..
    Antonio Wright - Mdetailer@Gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry - Didn`t mean to jump on you there - just wanted to show that I`ve had success with the stuff. I`m also pretty new here so take my opinions with a grain of salt. I did find it very odd that the stuff stuck to my bumpers (a rougher material) and couldn`t stick to my fender flares (baby`s-butt smooth).

Anyhow, didn`t make this clear - but I still like the reg meg`s protectant better on trim (I`m guessing its #40??) - its MUCH easier to apply and you don`t have to treat it like radioactive waste to make sure the mist doesn`t spray all over your paint... but the NXT worked well on my beat up tires. I`ve never tried 303 but from what I`ve heard that stuff is great. All in all, just wanted to show that NXT Protectant isn`t a lost cause....(in my limited experience)....

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m also pretty new here so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

Shrug. That don`t matter. Your car and its shine don`t know if you`re new or not. If it looks great, you did it right, and everything else is just words. And, you might have more experience than any of us but you just found the place.

I, too prefer #40, especially for interiors. I like the satiny look, and I like the leathery smell.

To me, the NXT looks greasy, but after it dries it really isn`t. I think it lasts longer on my vinyl convertible top, but I still like the look of #40 better there, too.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Shrug. That don`t matter

Thanks! But, I am also new to detailing (its my first vehicle and I`ve only had it for about 2 years now). I did declare myself officially addicted and obsessed the other day: I hand scrubbed my spare tire...which is hidden under the bed behind my bumper..yup...obsessed! Thanks Autopia!

Okay, so to end my digression....Meg`s #40 for interior and exterior trim, while NXT works well on tires IMHO YMMV etc etc....

Post Thanks / Like
    Another product worth considering is Meguiars Accent Dressing. It is part of the Detailer`s line. I can`t find it yet on their site but, it is available at Autogeek.

It comes in an aerosol can and you spray it on and simply wipe off the overspray. It doesn`t leave any film behind like other dressings when you get them on the paint. It wipes off the paint easily.

Just had my first chance to try it this past weekend at the Autopia Detailing Event at Meguiars HQ so I don`t have any long term experience with it but, application seems to be a breeze.

(Ignore the adjustable spray nozzle on Autogeek`s page as that is no longer available unless they happen to still have them in stock with that nozzle)

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a newbie and still expermenting. I have NXT and use it on my tonneau cover for my truck and the plastic part for the bumper. You do need to buff if out with a MF towel. I DO NOT use it on the running boards. I should say I don`t use it there anymore. I tried it once and everyone slipped on them getting in and out. I use ONLY 303 on the running boards now.... I will probably switch over to using 303 for everything when the NXT runs out. I do have a bunch of Tire Wet to use up too. I may still use that in addition to the 303. Tire wet et al is a lot cheaper than the 303!!!!! I need to get a gallon of that stuff.
    2003 F250 XLT SD CC

2004 Mercury Monterey

1976 Camaro LT

Thread Information