Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone,

I would like to thank you for the advice you gave me in my last thread entitled "Help! I wax my car to much". I have decided that in order to be completley satisfied with the finish on my car I need to use a combination that "really" removes swirls, creates a deep gloss, and lasts for several months. I have picked this combination out for everyone to critique and give me suggestions on:

1. Meguiars Quick Clay

2. 3M Swirl Mark Remover for dark colors applied with a 6" Yellow Pad

3. P21S Paintwork Cleansing Lotion applied with a 6" White Pad

4. Blackfire All Finish Paint Protection applied by hand with a Micro Fiber applicator.

I plan to purchase all of this from Classic Motoring Accesseories and also a 6" backing pad. My PC will be the 7336 I will buy from Lowes.

Thanks again for the help everyone,

Gabe

Post Thanks / Like
    You did not mention the current condition of the finish...but the yellow pad seems a bit much..I would try the SMR on a white pad first to see if it does what you expect it to do (remove the swirls or micro marring) ..always try the least aggressive method first, then work your way up..

For me, on a daily driver, if SMR on a white LC pad does not do the trick, I usually jump to a yellow pad with something like DACP or 3M PI Fincut Compound, then follow it up with SMR or #9 on a white pad, VM on a black (grey) pad, then S100 by hand..seems to work okay...

You may want to take a look at the Menzerna twins IP and FP. They seem to do a great job...

IMO Meguiars clay sucks..it`s too hard, not very pliable..it leaves streaks, and little clay turds on the paint if you are not extra extra careful with it, and keep it very well lubed...try Clay Magic or the yellow stuff from autopia-carcare.com...they are a lot more user friendly.

Thread Information