Post Thanks / Like
    Just as I finalized my detailing routine for this summer, I changed my mind. The routine was to polish with the Menz. twins then seal with the Klasse twins.

After reading about how Klasse can leave a "plastic" look on some black cars, I decided that during the summer, a deep wet shine was more important to me than lasting protection.

This brings me to my current dilemma; how can I remove the current swirls on my car and leave the finish with a deep/wet shine. Right now I am thinking about 1Z kit from Detailers Paradise(UPP,PP,MP) topped with a couple coats of blitz (which I already own).

Can anyone comment on the 1Z products or any other product combos that work well on black? All of products will be used with a Craftsman buffer and foam pad, I know its not ideal but its all I have.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you already have the Menzerna twins .. thats what I use .. Klasse is glossy but not as plasticie as Zaino.

Right now I have a Menzerna prepped surface with Zaino topped with #16 on the body and AIO/SG topped with #16 on the hood .. both are glossy yet some wet/depth.

Here is an example

PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven`t bought any of the products that I`ve mentioned. I have use Zaino in the past but I am ready to try something new and I need something to take out the swirls.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know I sound like a broken record today, but click on the learn at the top of the page and read about how to wash. As for polishing, they have articles about that too. But there are also about 50+ articles by people with black cars asking what they should do in the last 10 days. Just read some of that.

I`d suggest reading in Detailing Product Discussion to get some ideas about what you might like.

If you`ve only used Zaino, Klasse will not seem plasticy to you. But of course, some carnauba would be your best bet for non-plasticyness.

I`d AIO first and see the condition of the paint sans the Zaino before making purchases.

Chadwick's Auto Detailing membim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    After polishing with your Menzerna twins, try the wolfgang twins. They look very similar to carnuba but have sealant longevity and resistence to environment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Duke727-IMO, the 1Z polishes are the easiest to use if you`re *NOT* using a PC/Cyclo or a rotary. And they might be the easiest to use *with* those machines, too. I don`t remember anyone ever wishing they`d used a *different* polish after using the 1z stuff (though some follow MP with Menzerna FP). I can`t think of any other polishes that would work as well with your buffer or by hand.

Since the 1Z polishes leave wax behind, I`d just top them with something like Meg`s #16 or your Blitz.

Get the 1Z kit, you`ll be glad you did. Clay first, but after that, the 1Z/Blitz will be all you need.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did this to my Black Cobra....

Clay bar

Menzerna IP-yellow pad

Menzerna FP-white pad

AIO-white pad

SG- by hand x2

P21S Carnauba-by hand

See pics here.....

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...threadid=36947
    *1999 Black Cobra Coupe 1832 out of 4040.

*2002 Metalic Blue Jeep Grand Cherokee

*2004 Red Saab 93

Thread Information