Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Well after reading all the kudo`s for Poorboys, I decided to order some and to use on the wifes Platnium Metallic Supercharged Regal. Car is a 99, with 50k miles and looks brand new. Daily driver, and garage kept at night. It has seen the Klasse treatment (AIO / SG) for more than two years, and since changed to Wolfgang after great use on the Vette. My opinions :

EX-P --- this is one of the best smelling products out there (does that matter, maybe). It also is one of the thickest sealants I have ever used and is hard to regulate to put on very thin like other sealants (Zaino, WG, Klasse SG, Blackfire). It is also one of the dustiest (is that a word??) products to remove. I allowed it to cure for 35 minutes and removal was easy. Gloss is on par with other newer sealants and does not have the plastic saran wrap look that Zaino brings. Nice product ... but very dusty.

Wolfgang --- This stuff still continues to amaze me. I used the twins on the Vette over 8 weeks ago, and gloss -- beading -- and slickness were all present but had started to dimish. Since I was bored I did a quick DACP and just the sealant. WOW !! Still just as easy to use, came off without severe dust or warrant. I really love this stuff, and I have always preferred a wax (Soveran) to any sealant prior.

I gotta say .... Wolfgang is the better product all considered ! Its easier to use , looks great, provides very little dust, and works well with other products. Gloss factor and slickness is on par with most carnubas, without the oils and dust attraction. While Poorboys looked good also, its dust factor and thickness really detracted from my experience. Again only an opinion, but one expressed and open for discussion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting as I was going to order some EX-P and try it but may try the Wolfgang sealant instead.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used EX-P at least 5 times in the last month and have not experienced any dusting.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try putting Souveran over WG sealant. Tried it on my SC430 and H/S! what a deep, wet shine!

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Used EX-P yesterday with second coat coming.

I thought the "dusting" was more like "pencil eraser rubber waste" after you`ve erased something where it was maybe on too thick. Nice smell, seemed "thick" at times and I wonder if misting the pad throughout the process would help and easy off. Very slick this morning, looks great, no problem with trim stain, etc. WG didn`t arrive so can`t compare, darn it.

I wonder if #16 or S-100 would be a good idea or waste of time LOOKS wise? :nixweiss Probably going to try anyway, any suggestions?

Edit: "thick" as in "very thin wet glue". Not a deal killer for me; just not effortless on. Second layer looks great...dusted finer this time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im not real fond of the PB sealants. I do use with frequency, Steves SSR products.....

I have also found WG to be a great product, I like to think of it as BF without the dust issues !!
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Perfectionist in Rehab Prometheus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was gonna try putting some #16 on top of EX-P, but the stuff hasnt gotten here yet, so i cant say how itll look, but id say its worth a try.

Ask Scottwax about EX-P, hes the EX-P nut. Hes completely sold on it, hed be the one to ask.... here we go

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...threadid=36925

he talks about it here.

Post Thanks / Like
    From my limited experience with PB EX-P is that thin coats produce little to no dust. This is accomplished by applying, in my case, with a PC. This method is effortless and produces very nice result. By hand, I have discovered requires more effort but after practice one can replicate PC thin layers.

Thick layer = dust

Thin layer = no dust

Both method = fantastic results!!!! IMO

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

From my limited experience with PB EX-P is that thin coats produce little to no dust.

Just found that out. Second layer was thinner, but didn`t use PC. Maybe next time. Thanks, and yes I like the results too. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    EX-P isnt the easiest to apply, I noticed as well. Make sure you use a damp app pad, per the instructions, this helps alot. I think with some practice of getting it on thin it will be easier. I didnt notice any dusting with EX-P.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t noticed any dusting, unless I have applied too much. Now that I have become used to applying it very thin, it is not an issue

Eric
    If winners never quit, and quitters never win, then people who never quit and never win are just plain idiots :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    never had a problem with putting it on, other than it was extremely thick product. After driving it around all day in the Florida sun (85 degrees and humid) I found it to be warm and pleasing with reasonable gloss, but nowhere near as reflective as Klasse Twins, Blackfire, and Wolfgang twins. Sorry but I will be going back to Wolfgang soon.

Dont like the sheeting versus beading warning either. To hard to judge when the product has worn off and needs recovering. I would equal EX-P to NXT .... and unfortunately I did not like that product. Maybe a step up but Wolfgang stays head of the sealant jungle for now. Wheres a sample of Menzerna FMJ ???

Post Thanks / Like
    EX-P is leaps and bounds beyond NXT, comparing them should be sin man. Use what you like but dont bash EX-P as it sounds like you have very limited experience with the products and are basing it off subjective looks.

For what its worth, my friend a zaino zealot saw my car with 1 coat of EX-P and is using it currently on his car. He, as I do, thought it was more reflective than his 15 coats of zaino. EX-P is very reflective and wet. Scottwax has a sick photo somewhere I wish he would post off the trunk of a benz I think with a palm tree in it, it looks like the palm tree is growing OUT of the trunk :shocked

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by killrwheels

Dont like the sheeting versus beading warning either. To hard to judge when the product has worn off and needs recovering. I would equal EX-P to NXT .... and unfortunately I did not like that product. Maybe a step up but Wolfgang stays head of the sealant jungle for now. Wheres a sample of Menzerna FMJ ???

:nono :nono I would disagree with that statement, but thats IMO. And Ex-p seems to bead up just fine for me :nixweiss I`ve had EX-P on my car for only about 4 weeks or so but it is still holding up fine, with washing with S&W every other day

Eric
    If winners never quit, and quitters never win, then people who never quit and never win are just plain idiots :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    EX-P is very durable.

I was unsure of the sheeting when washing thing at first. That went away quick though because when I wash my car and go back around to rinse and then go grab my towel only to come back to a car thats almost dried itself, thats when I really loved that feature. And hey, once it rains it beads right up showing the protection is there, which in NJ is like every other day. :xyxthumbs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information