Post Thanks / Like
    What is the furry pad used for??.....I have seen it used as an applicator , called polisher, called buffer??.....what is the main use of this pad/ bonnet?...

I`ve used it on my polisher for years as the final buff, and now with my PC I think is used as padding for the terry cloth bonnets....pardon my ignorance...

Post Thanks / Like
    the wool pad is used for agressive compounding

it is also used behind terry bonnents for applying wax etc.
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by LouisanaJeeper

the wool pad is used for agressive compounding

it is also used behind terry bonnents for applying wax etc.

Firts thanks for clearing that up, now I feel like an idiot asking these questions since I`ve been doing this for a while but what to actually master the order for example:

I use a cutting pad to apply polishes, this means i could use the wool pad too?...

After I use a softer pad to apply the wax and I could use the terry cloth too??.

I used the terry cloth to take off the wax, but apparently that is wrong, what or which do you recommend.

I have microfibers as my last pass to get most of the dust off...

If you or someone can link me to a thread that may have these answers I`ll appreciated...

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    1) Use the wool pad only if you really need the extra cut. Just think of it as stronger than the cutting pad and ignore the fact that it`s this "wool" stuff...

2) Not sure what you mean here. Not many people use terry bonnets for much of anything. Use a finishing pad to apply wax and buff it off by hand or a MF bonnet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 4DSC

1) Use the wool pad only if you really need the extra cut. Just think of it as stronger than the cutting pad and ignore the fact that it`s this "wool" stuff...

2) Not sure what you mean here. Not many people use terry bonnets for much of anything. Use a finishing pad to apply wax and buff it off by hand or a MF bonnet.

4DSC thanks for the reply, I guess the one last thing I was doing wrong was trying to find a pad that would take off the wax....but I should have figured that by hand was the answer.....

I appreciate your time answering this thread.

Hector

Thread Information