Post Thanks / Like
    Just some comments on the tire gels I`ve been using lately.

Meg. Endurance - longest lasting, a bit thick to spread and needs a good buffing to get `level`.

EImann Fabrik - shortest lasting, thin, must buff thoroughly to prevent sling. I buff this out with an old cotton app. pad. - helps absorb excess.

Platinum (4-star) - long lasting, easy to spread an even coat. It seems to dry quicker.

Appearance is about equal. EF may look a bit wetter.

I tried Vikings Flexible Foam Tire Applicators. At first it worked well but it was too flexible IMO and soon became saturated with product.:down

Post Thanks / Like
    Just buy the cheapy sponges at the dollar store and cut them in half, when they get dirty toss them and use another. Much better and cheaper too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used cheap sponges but absorb to much product for me. Ill stick with the curved ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Recycled hand applicators. I usually split them in two and use them for a couple of cars and then toss.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by maxshine

I`ve used cheap sponges but absorb to much product for me. Ill stick with the curved ones.

Get the thin one, actually I have the opposite effect with the tire applicators that suck up the stuff, o`well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by armoredsaintt

Just buy the cheapy sponges at the dollar store and cut them in half, when they get dirty toss them and use another. Much better and cheaper too.

I do the same ... the sponges with the green abrasive backing .. I get them 12/$1 up here and they are pretty well disposable once they are dirty. The green back gives them some firmness.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    I use clean red shop rags. Heck, they`re tires. It`s not like I`m going to scratch them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Even though they cost a lot more than a pack of $1 sponges, the Eagle One Tire Swipes are amazingly durable. Good if all you apply is one product each with them. Messy to keep, but I just made a box for that....

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 4DSC

Even though they cost a lot more than a pack of $1 sponges, the Eagle One Tire Swipes are amazingly durable. Good if all you apply is one product each with them. Messy to keep, but I just made a box for that....

Agreed, ive done a LOT of tires with just one swipe....at least 10 sets, now its finally starting to deteriorate, i didnt like useing the sponges, the gel would come through the back and get all over my fingers
    "You offroad that thing?" "Yea man, all the time"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BlueRanger

Agreed, ive done a LOT of tires with just one swipe....at least 10 sets, now its finally starting to deteriorate, i didnt like useing the sponges, the gel would come through the back and get all over my fingers

That what a box of rubber gloves are for. Keeps that mess off of your hands.

Thread Information