Post Thanks / Like
    how much product would you guys use for a hood? I just got my PC so i`ve been experimenting with it, I work the DACP in until ther`es pretty much no residue on the panel, however i`m not seeing the "powdery" result from the broken down abrasives, perhaps i`m using too much product or not letting it work in enough?

also how do you guys "prime" the pad, what i`ve been doing is starting dry and laying a small blob or two on the panel and then picking it up with the machine started.

ALSO, should DACP be able to remove light scratches? the label says minor-medium swirls, oxidation etc. doesn`t say much for scratches, i made several passes with DACP on a very light scratch but it`s not making a dent in it (swirls are much improved however), shoudl I move to a more aggresive product like power compound(i`m using a yellow LC cutting pad)? my sister`s car has pretty heavy swirling, the DACP improves it alot but soem swirls are still quite visible, just keep going with DACP or should I move to a more aggresive product? I realize it`s impossible to remove every swirl, but when comparing my hood to hers, she has many more swirls.

Post Thanks / Like
    eh, anybody?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll start by saying that I use more DACP per square inch than any other product I use with the PC. I usually begin with the hood. When priming the pad (before placing it on the machine), I smear some on, and ring it around the pad. Then, I`ll place a amall (quater size) dab on the pad, and smash it on a corner of the half/hood. Another dab on the pad, and smear this around starting about a foot over from the previous area. I will continue, until I have product even dispersed around the area to be buffed (probably about 3-4 applications). THEN, with the PC off, I roll the pad over the half/hood, so that there is a uniform coverage of the area. Then, I work it up/down, diagonally, and horizontally, and repeat until the product is nearly gone.

Jeff Laughhunn

Post Thanks / Like
    I prime the pad with a few sprays of FI #34, remember not to let your pad get all gunked up either with products, rinse half way.

Post Thanks / Like
    i usually have to use quite a bit of dacp, not sure why

Post Thanks / Like
    Putting dabs in several areas over the pad, and then spreading it around the area you are working on before starting it up helps to better prime the pad and help you to guestimate how much you`ll need to work the area.

Moved to AU...

Thread Information