Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s the background:

I have a black Porsche 911 that is a garage queen. After trying P21S and Zaino, my usual finish for the 911 is Gold Class buffed off with a PC and then topped with Pinnacle Souveran. I think it looks great.

I just purchased my wife a new red 350Z. I`ve been searching and reading this forum and have come across some new products. I`m curious about some of them and would like to try something on my wife`s Z. Her Z is a daily driver and while Souveran is great, longevity isn`t one of its strong suits. I also live in Phoenix where it gets damn hot in the summer and her car sits in the sun during the day.

I`m thinking of applying one of the following combinations to her Z:

- AIO topped with Trade Secret

- Wolfgang topped with Souveran

- AIO topped with Souveran

I`m also open to other suggestions, please remember this is a red car in the Phoenix sun.

BTW, it is a roadster and I`m thinking of getting some ragtop for the top. I`ve never used this stuff, anyone have any opinions?

Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d go with Clearkote`s Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze and Poorboy`s EX-P Sealant. It leaves a very clear, wet look and should hold up well in Phoenix. You can also top it with Souveran about every 4-6 weeks.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by dbackfan

- AIO topped with Trade Secret

- Wolfgang topped with Souveran

- AIO topped with Souveran
    AIO, three or four layers of SG, topped with Souveran or P21S?

Lot of work for a daily driver, but the SG is pretty durable (if difficult to work with) and holds a good look after the topper is gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

I`d go with Clearkote`s Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze and Poorboy`s EX-P Sealant. It leaves a very clear, wet look and should hold up well in Phoenix. You can also top it with Souveran about every 4-6 weeks.

Scottwax,

Sounds like you`re sold on EX-P on black finishes.

I haven`t tried EX-P yet, been waiting until I run out of EX, but that may take awhile. I`m not sure how many cars I`ve done with EX, but it`s been several and I haven`t made a dent in the bottle yet.
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Klasse AIO + P21S wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    personally, i`d go with 1z PP and Glanz Wax. a tough combo to beat and the GW lasts a really long time. as far as the top goes, i`d use Renovo. i`ve never used the ragtop brand , but i can vouch for the effectiveness of Renovo(great stuff).

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an old red 944 that sits in the Florida hot sun all day everyday . I recently did the WG/Souveran combo (about a month or so ago) and was floored with the results. That old car has never looked so good. Compliments and stares everywhere I go.:xyxthumbs Anyways, I keep slapping on a QD and it still is looking great. I think I may do another layer of Souveran this weekend for sh***s and giggles!

its naturally curly...... 6cyl's_of_fury's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have found that AIO and S100 is a pretty sweet combo, as is GEPC and S100.

If I were you, I`d even consider NXT as durability is a non issue with a garage queen. I like the look of it on black.

I havent tried Souveran yet, but I shudder to think what it would cost to get it to Australia. Maybe one day....
    Detail your car, do it. No seriously, do it.

The Black Beast

Chadwick's Auto Detailing membim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My fav for red and black is Wolfgang/Souveran.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I`m also in AZ, and I don`t recommend souverian for a daily driver. Souverian attracts a lot of dust, especially in a dusty environment we live in.

I would go with AIO/P21s, good dust repelling combo. with almost the same look as souverian.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
    " A car doesn`t have to be the fastest or most powerful to be the love of your life."- Temperacerguy

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NHBFAN

Scottwax,

I haven`t tried EX-P yet, been waiting until I run out of EX, but that may take awhile. I`m not sure how many cars I`ve done with EX, but it`s been several and I haven`t made a dent in the bottle yet.

Yeah, I really like EX-P on black. I still use EX w/Carnauba too, mostly when I am in the direct sun.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like

Scottwax,

I am !!! :bounce

There are many good products for black. EX-P is the best LSP I have used to this point.

My combo is PREP, AIO, WG x2, and topped with EX-P. :xyxthumbs

What`s nice about this regimen is the resultant appearance of a combination of a carnuaba-like depth, richness and wetness encased in a polymer reflective wrapping. As Scott described recently "finish appears to be dipped in vegetable oil". This all happen`s with no greasy kidstuff feeling on the paint. All products were extremely easy to apply and remove and they are perfectly compatible.

WG topped with Souveran, #16 and P21S also look good but not as much "POP" as with the EX-P topper.

Scott, would you describe EX-P as Zaino on steriods without the work-out to get there. :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

As Scott described recently "finish appears to be dipped in vegetable oil".

Now is it vegetable oil or salad oil?:nixweiss

Just kidding

But, seriously ... blkZ28Conv

You`re one of the few who suggested actually topping WG. Most who have used it thinks it`s a outstanding LSP.
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Post Thanks / Like

Now is it vegetable oil or salad oil?:nixweiss

Just kidding

But, seriously ... blkZ28Conv

You`re one of the few who suggested actually topping WG. Most who have used it thinks it`s a outstanding LSP.

I was also of that belief and still believe WG alone results in a fantastic finish appearance. Well, until I topped with EX-P.

A few years ago I was also one of the first to break the rule about topping Zaino with a carnuaba. A big :nono Now it is common practice. That is probably why they use to call me the "mad scientist" ( I think Steve gave me that label) when I use to post some of my crazy experiments and stepping out of the box practice of this detailing hobby for me. That was the way Autopia used to be. People tried things, reported back findings and others analysized and critique. Strictly hobby with some "bring-us-down-to-Earth" professional logic injected. :xyxthumbs

The reason I bother with another product was because after viewing and reading some of Scott`s experiences with EX-P I thought I would give it a try. I am glad I did. I loved EX so why not try EX-P. Prior to doing the EX-P LSP test I also ran trials with Tropi-Care and Zaino Z2. Neither produced the appearance change by topping WG that EX-P did on my black finish. This is not a knock on either of these fine products because this experimental usage is not really their proper usage.

Next week I will see if there is a detectable difference on silver metallic that is WG protected.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used the same (VM and EX-P) on black with GREAT results. Easy to use products too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information