Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    haven`t decided yet..

either take out my PC and do the entire w/ swirl remover thingee.. even though I have very few swirls, and start completed right over

or

simply just lay 2 coats of NXT over my gazillion layers of zaino..

HMmmm? :nixweiss

any final words of advice ?

thanks

m

Post Thanks / Like
    eh just wash and spray some z6 on it.....it`ll be good....you can change waxes when you get fed up with the swirls and want to start over.....

Post Thanks / Like
    okay.. so that`s one vote for starting over..

any others

Post Thanks / Like
    I think MP posted something about a mini cooper that had a multiple layers of Zaino on it. He then put 2 coats of NXT on it and said the Zaino was gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you`re going to remove the zaino anyhow, you might as well see what it looks like topped with NXT first.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by SK2003TypeS

I think MP posted something about a mini cooper that had a multiple layers of Zaino on it. He then put 2 coats of NXT on it and said the Zaino was gone.

I wonder how he could tell that? Unless he only did a few panels and the gloss dropped off?
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s a direct link to Mike`s comments (plus other links inside)

Mike`s comments NXT/Zaino
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder how he could tell that? Unless he only did a few panels and the gloss dropped off?
    I don`t know how to tell if the Zaino is still there. But this is the post I was refering to.

in the middle of this page.

http://www.showcargarage.com/forum/s...5&pagenumber=5

Post Thanks / Like
    In response to the comments at showcargarage:

Okay, everyone seems to agree NXT looks great. But what about durability? Many posts have been about poor durability. If I have a dark colored car I would want to stick with Zaino for it`s great UV protection from fading. I have multiple coats of Zaino on my vehicle, and the beading and slickness is amazing. When I only had NXT on my vehicle, it looked unbelievable, but there was no beading after a couple of rains, and any slickness was gone. It also seems to have some cleaning ability, which may prevent layering. Someone from Meguiars said in a previous post, that this wax\sealant was made for the layman, to give their car a great look without having to do any real prep work.

Post Thanks / Like
    I second waxman`s post.

Post Thanks / Like
    I too applied NXT over several coats of zaino and it looks good.

I will probably stick with the NXT during the summer but go back

to 3-4 coats of zaino before winter sets in. I have seen nothing

that lasts through salt and touchless washes (winter stinks) like Zaino.

Now if Zaino would come out with a product that really fills scratches (I`m not that impressed with Z5) then they`ll get me again year `round.

Jon

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tetz

I too applied NXT over several coats of zaino and it looks good.

I will probably stick with the NXT during the summer but go back

to 3-4 coats of zaino before winter sets in. I have seen nothing

that lasts through salt and touchless washes (winter stinks) like Zaino.

Now if Zaino would come out with a product that really fills scratches (I`m not that impressed with Z5) then they`ll get me again year `round.

Jon

I`ve been using Zaino now for a couple years.I liked the results on my Indigo Blue Envoy,and I too felt it got me through winter about as good as anything.But having used the last of my Z5 on my Black Avalanche I just don`t seem to get the look I want from Zaino on Black.So today I picked up some NXT(real hard to find) and I`m going to put it over the Zaino and see if there`s a big difference between the two.I`m also concerned about durability and layering the NXT.I also got some of the Booster Wax to go with it.:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Could someone point me at the NXT durability threads that indicate that it doesn`t last? Because somehow they`ve passed me right by.

I own Zaino, and I`ve used Zaino, but I don`t like Zaino. It locks you away from using other products since it`s so picky about bonding (alledgedly). Zainio on a dark car, is pointless in my opinion. Adding Zaino to my black Miata didn`t do anything for the shine that the prepwork didn`t already do. There`s no darkening or richness to it.

But I actually do like Zaino. I like it on my wife`s car which I also like to neglect and wash maybe once a month. Her car is silver and the Zaino really makes it pop.

From what I`ve read, properly applied NXT lasts a long time. People who say it wears off in two washes, heck, my S100 doesn`t wear off in two washes, and it`s a carnauba.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Postwood

From what I`ve read, properly applied NXT lasts a long time. People who say it wears off in two washes, heck, my S100 doesn`t wear off in two washes, and it`s a carnauba.
    One of those posts on poor durability was mine . . .

I`m pretty sure the NXT was "properly applied" (I followed the directions :nixweiss). No slickness and no beading after two weeks of salty winter weather. I managed to get a couple of washes in during those two weeks, and on my car, it was pretty much toast after those two washes. On top of that, dirt clung more tenaciously to the sides of my car than with any other LSP that I`ve used.

I can`t explain the results, but I`ve got too many other sealants/waxes that work better for me, so to the back of my shelf it goes.

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by waxman

If I have a dark colored car I would want to stick with Zaino for it`s great UV protection from fading.

No protectant really adds greatly to the UV protection of your clearcoat for more than a few days. These agents are sacrificed in a matter of days if not hours after exposure to UV radiational energy. No different than a skin applied sunscreen. You may not have jumped in the pool or ocean but you still need to re-apply if you are exposured to UV rays for more than several hours.

Great selling points but no "long- term "UV protection provided. :wavey

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information