Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, the vehicles are the ones in my sig. I`m looking to do a FULL detail, top to bottom, inside-out. So what better place to ask? I`ve been given a list of stuff thats good for the interior, but need exterior. EVERYTHING would be preferred if somebody/people can help I`d really appreciate it.

Seats are leather and vinyl (front/back) on the stang, and cloth on the protege. Paint is metallic on both, the mustang has the "Bullitt style" wheels, the protege has the "sport" wheels that come with the ES. I`m not sure if more information is required but I"d appreciate all the help I can get so that I can hopefully have everything ordered by tomorrow as I plan on doing at least SOME of this this weekend

Also, to use an orbital or not to use an orbital?

And lastly, Zaino+S100, or Zaino+NXT+S100, or NXT+S100? Has anybody tried the Zaino+NXT+S100 combo yet?

Thanks

Gagan
    `01 Mustang GT Convertible Metallic Silver with black top

`01 Mazda Protege Metallic black

Post Thanks / Like
    Never used Z. Never used Tech either !

Personaly, with black, i prefer either Platinum, now Four Star, or Blackfire would be my weapons of choice.....They leave a real wet look to blacks....Wolfgang would be another alternative......And go with the orbital no doubt !!
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by mwarrior

And lastly, Zaino+S100, or Zaino+NXT+S100, or NXT+S100? Has anybody tried the Zaino+NXT+S100 combo yet?
    Wow, before placing that much emphasis on last step products like those combinations, be sure that you`ve placed just as much, if not more, emphasis on planning your paint prep.

Getting the paint looking perfect prior to applying any wax/sealant is the key to a great looking detail. If you neglect that process, you`re really putting the cart before the horse. Since I don`t know what condition your paint is in currently or how you care for your cars now, I can only hope that you don`t have too much work to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Brian: I guess I shouldve mentioned that. The Mustang has been clayed/dawned a few times in the last 2years (daily driver).

What I usually do is dawn, followed by clay, followed by car wash soap. Then I zaino it and that has seemed to work good but I`m always searching for the BEST shine

When it comes to Zaino, I use the whole applicator/ZFX and Z2/Z5.

The things I`m really concentrating on as well is the wheels and trim and glass.

Gagan
    `01 Mustang GT Convertible Metallic Silver with black top

`01 Mazda Protege Metallic black

Post Thanks / Like
    For black try the Clearkote twins (VMW + CMW). Also use the VMW on all your glass.

For silver try #9 + NXT. See my recent thread for an example of that combo:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...threadid=36433
    My name`s Craig...

...and I`m addicted to detailing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup to the #9, great, great product. After, I put #7 and top with #16.
    2005 Cummins 4x4 6sp

2002 4.7 WJ

Post Thanks / Like
    My Metallic Black Focus (Panther Black) I use AG Shampoo followed by GEPC, then a layer of AG Extra Gloss and then finished with PCW! The results are pretty nice I think! I only use the GEPC maybe every 3-4 washes depending on what the paint is like!

Rich

Post Thanks / Like
    mwarrior, I`m guessing your car is also nearly swirl free then too? Usually cars could use a mild polishing if it hasn`t been done for some time....

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know why you`re dawn washing, but, since you seem to keep newer cars, you`ll probably sell them or return them on their lease before any damage occurs.

Sounds like you have it down. Any of what you named makes sense, with the possible exception of topping Zaino. Zaino, allegedly, is very picky about what it will bond to, and has such a nice refractive index, I`m not sure why you`d want to top it.

Personally, black car guy myself, you can`t beat carnauba on top. I tend to use whatever topped with S100. Right now, that whatever is the Meguiars ColorX (cleaner sealant, regardless of odd name). A real wax will have more texture and cause some self cleaning with the rain, plus it darkens the paint.

I have no trouble with reflections, which I feel Zaino does best. In fact, when I did some Z2 on my car, I really wasn`t too happy with it. However, I really liked it on my wife`s silver car.

I`d go for the NXT first. Give it a week or so and evaluate how you like it by itself. I`ve not seen it but understand it really needs no topper. And then I`d hit it with another layer, which of course it may or may not remove all of the first, and then top with S100.

Also, concerned about cure times, I might NXT and then wait a few days and then S100.

And I`d definately lose the dawn unless Zainoing.

Post Thanks / Like
    A Dawn wash a couple times a year or so just as prep is unlikely to hurt much. If you use it regularly or too often in between steps though, that`s another story.

Thread Information