Post Thanks / Like
    I was recently looking around on some detailing forums/stores, and found that meguiars has a professional series. What is the difference? I would like to get the polish that will give me the best results on a normal everyday, abused car. Some swirls, some scratches excetra.

Also, what is the difference between a glaze and a polish? I went through and read the "learn" section, but I still can`t get a definite answer! Thanks for the info in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Phillips can answer specific questions comparing their retail product line to their Mirror Glaze pro line. If you are comparing specific products, feel free to ask.

As for glaze vs. polish, glazes are a subset of polishes. Glazes don`t usually have mechanical or chemical cleaning/polishing ability. They`re usually comprised of oils and fillers and are designed to make paint look very glossy. Think of glaze like makeup for car paint.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    So the glaze will give it a nicer shine or will a polish? Sorry I`m kind of new to this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by bretfraz

They`re usually comprised of oils and fillers and are designed to make paint look very glossy. Think of glaze like makeup for car paint.

LOVE IT!

Can I use that in my signature???!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Buick_guy

So the glaze will give it a nicer shine or will a polish? Sorry I`m kind of new to this.

Glazes` only job is to add gloss to paint by dressing it up. It won`t remove scratches, swirl marks, oxidation, paint flaws, etc.

The key to a killer shine is to remove all the paint flaws then protect it. We can`t tell you which product to use right now because none of us can evaluate your paint`s condition. If your paint is in 100% perfect condition, then glaze will be fine. If it needs some work to look great, polish first then glaze.

If you are new to this level of car care, I highly recommend reading the articles linked in the "Learn!" icon at the top of the page. That will help build your knowledge of paint care so you know the basics instead of guessing about them. They will help you a lot in forming a plan of what you should do and which products you should use.

LOVE IT!

Can I use that in my signature???!!!

Of course!!
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Thread Information