Thread: PP/MP and Glanz

Post Thanks / Like
    how much time do I need between 1Z applications?

Time between PP and MP or

PP and Glanz or

MP and Glanz.

I am going to make my first application of this tomorrow.

TIA

Post Thanks / Like
    No time needed between PP and MP or any of the rest. The only time needed is after Glanz Wax. I usually apply GW to the whole car and then buff off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by andriver

No time needed between PP and MP or any of the rest. The only time needed is after Glanz Wax. I usually apply GW to the whole car and then buff off.

ditto

except *I* would not apply glanz wax to a whole car unless you are really good at applying thin coats. i applied Meg`s GC to my whole truck when i was first starting out only to find out that it was too thick. It was a BEAR to buff off my whole truck. Now i work one panel at a time.
    01 Supercharged Nissan Frontier

Post Thanks / Like
    Glanz is easy off .. thick or thin ... do the whole car. Not a problem .. Done it many times.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed, no need to wait between polish coats. In most cases, I don`t even wait for it to dry. Glanz can go on right after the polish. A nice thin coat is the most user friendly. :-)
    Nick

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all. I have my answer.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you get any streaking with Glanz,just spray a mist of water on and buff out.The paint will pop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jesstzn

Glanz is easy off .. thick or thin ... do the whole car. Not a problem .. Done it many times.
    I`ve had mixed experiences with GW . . . it always ends up looking good, but on a couple of cars, it was stubborn to remove. In general, though, it`s been pretty straightforward. I can`t explain why it became hard to buff in a couple of instances; I don`t recall doing anything differently on those particular cars :nixweiss

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not experienced any problems with streaking. I have used it on my wife`s black mustang and my Lt. pewter Grand Cherokee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TortoiseAWD

I`ve had mixed experiences with GW . . . it always ends up looking good, but on a couple of cars, it was stubborn to remove. In general, though, it`s been pretty straightforward. I can`t explain why it became hard to buff in a couple of instances; I don`t recall doing anything differently on those particular cars :nixweiss

Tort

Though on some surfaces it may not matter, on others removal effort may vary (though it`s ALWAYS a snap to apply). I recommend VERY THIN COATS, applied panel-by-panel. There is no need to wait before buffing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by percynjpn

Though on some surfaces it may not matter, on others removal effort may vary (though it`s ALWAYS a snap to apply). I recommend VERY THIN COATS, applied panel-by-panel. There is no need to wait before buffing.
    I`ve always applied GW by PC, which yields very thin coats. I have taken to doing a small portion of the hood, and waiting five minutes to buff. If it comes off easily, I`ll do the whole car and come back to wipe off; if the test section takes some effort to remove, I go panel-by-panel.

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    A tip on the Glanz, but someone whose name I can not remember, suggested using a spray bottle to apply Glanz to your foam applicator. Haven`t tried it yet but it seems like a good idea to me for getting an even, thin layer on the applicator. I apply to the whole car and then go right back to where I started and begin buffing it off, no problems.
    `96 Jeep Cherokee Country - White - Gray Leather Interior

`02 Volkswagen Passat GLX - Reflex Silver - Black Leather Interior - 5 spd Manual

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Macgirl

A tip on the Glanz, but someone whose name I can not remember, suggested using a spray bottle to apply Glanz to your foam applicator. Haven`t tried it yet but it seems like a good idea to me for getting an even, thin layer on the applicator. I apply to the whole car and then go right back to where I started and begin buffing it off, no problems.

Thanks for sharing that. I had the same thought since that is how I apply SG. Glanz seems more liquid than SG so the idea makes sense.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it was ScottWax that used the spray . because of that I have tried the spray for both Glanz and SG and it works great.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    Remember not to keep any unused glanz in the spray bottle to long or it will evaporate.

Thread Information