Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a black (single stage) garage queen that never sees rain. I have used Megs #2/IHG/Zymol, and Megs #9/IHG/Souveran in the past. I recently tried Megs #2 and Megs #7 with pretty good initial results (I will have a better idea once I really inspect the car in direct afternoon sunlight). I have heard that some people apply only #7 to their garage queens and nothing else.

Is there a single product that you recommed (protection from the elements is not an issue) that does not produce build up, and has excellent swirl-free results?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    You will find excellent results with a glaze. 3M sure has some fine products that would get the job done.

I`d also look at some of the exceptional 1Z polishes.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    Mother`s Sealer & Glaze, which is essentially the Mother`s equivalent of Meguiar`s #7.

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO - very mild chemical cleansing ability and protection. Garage queens need paint maintenence also because of oxidation and ambient pollutants that settle on surfaces even when stored in a clean garage. This product is quite similar to a pure glaze and creates a wonderful gloss on a well prepped finish. With AIO`s small amount of protective properties any small run-in with a bird bomb, pollen, surprise shower, diesel exhaust settling when driving behind a 18-wheeler, etc will not be as damaging as it would be if only a glaze is in place. Another wonderful alternative: Clearkote VM

Another great property of both these products. Very easy to apply and buff (hand or PC) to a haze-free and streak-free gloss unlike many pure glazes with the exception of Mother`s S&G( easy on / easy-off).

Chadwick's Auto Detailing membim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    He`s definitly right. You do need some protection from ozone and suprises. Try Poorboys Polish with Carnuba.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much for the replies.

BLKZ28CONV- Are you suggesting to use AIO without SG? I have never tried VM but have heard great things. As far as aesthetics are concerned, would you choose AIO or VM?

I have tried IHG alone and I was not happy with the results, IMHO #7 worked much better.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am very new with AIO usage. But from what I have seen from my small amount of testing this week with AIO I could kick myself for not trying this product sooner. :doh

The appearance results from AIO on a Prepped finish is very reminecent of a glaze, but very easy to use. I like VM but AIO seems to have a slight edge in wettness, depth ( mostly achieved during prep), gloss and cleaning ability (very subjective).

Both VM and AIO are wonderful products but I am now sold on AIO.

No need for SG if AIO treated finish is prepped well and vehicle a garage queen. SG is more of a added protection even though advertised as a gloss enhancer. The wonderful thing about a garage queen is the ability to demostrate the trueness of the paint without being clouded by globs of protectant needed by a daily driver. Both VM/GEPC/AIO impact that appearance. AIO and VM add a little protection as a plus.

I have IHG, #7, #81 and Mother`s S&G and AIO beats them all hands down in terms of results and route getting there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Poorboy`s Polish with carnuba.

Post Thanks / Like
    THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!:up

Post Thanks / Like
    I also have a garage queen. I have a 1988 Black 911 with on 29k miles. I`ve been using Souveran on it and have been quite happy. Previously to that I used Zaino, but I like the Souveran much better.

Being the nutcase that I am, I`m thinking of trying something different. I`m thinking of trying AIO and then topping it with Trade Secret.

Post Thanks / Like
    Poorboy`s Polish With Carnuba - it`s like AIO on steriods - multi-purpose - PC applied it`s an awesome cleaner that leaves a carnuba shine - hand applied it works more like a glaze with some filling ability and leaves a wet look...I gave my mom and my aunt some at christmas time (they both have olds intrigues) and are in their late 60`s - they love it so much they both PwC their cars once a month and just rave about how their cars look :lol
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO or vm topped with p21s

Post Thanks / Like
    I had streaking problems with P21S. Maybe I was using it wrong, but I found that stuff hard to work with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by groebuck

Poorboy`s Polish With Carnuba - it`s like AIO on steriods -

Nah, that`s like comparing apples and oranges.

Two VERY different products.
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Post Thanks / Like
    dbackfan- 88 911 with only 29K!! SWEET!!!! I love that car, its a timeless classic. My mustang is an 88 as well.

I really liked the souveran paste, but after some time my paint started to loose some depth. I am going to give AIO a try.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information