Post Thanks / Like
    I just learned that Nano particle wasn`t an invention of yesterday, it was invented back in 1959 . Anyway, here`s the article.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/jk/040407.htm
    2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    OMFG, that article is a joke. Please ignore any physics or other scientifically related aspects of it. One of the few correct things it says is that Mercedes Benz has a new clearcoat out.
    Close enough... They`ll never notice anyway

Post Thanks / Like
    While I don`t know specifically about the veracity of this article, I would be on the look out for new nano technologies.

Working in technical education, I have been looking into nano-technology recently.

The thought is that NT will touch every industry with the most technological changes coming first in health services and textiles. It seems like some star trek kind of stuff, but many believe that within the next 10 years some of the tried and true technologies of today are going to become extinct. It will affect businesses very quickly.

The main point is that widely known compounds when taken to the nano technology level (one billionth of a meter) take on new characteristics effectively changing the physics of the compound.

If you saw the show Trucks recently Stacy put some pants in a bucket of water and they came out bone dry. This is an example of how NT is going to affect businesses. Very soon, these fabrics will be cheaper and will become more mainstream. Although they have a little ways to go, some of these fabrics are so soft that you can`t tell the difference between those that are treated and those that aren`t. Think how this is going to affect dry cleaners and laundries in the future.

Real Diamonds made of carbon compounds (not fake CZ diamonds) are now being produced in the lab that are higher quality than those being mined. This is causing some concern for the diamond cartels.

Medicine delivery systems are also being developed which will deliver small amounts of medicines right to the ailment rather than taking large amounts of meds that travel to the whole body. The thought is that many of the side effects of drugs will be eliminated.

Along the same lines, cancer treatments will change considerably. Small nano machines, smaller than a human cell have already been developed. Scientist are working on treatments which will have one of these machines deliver a small payload directly to the cancerous cells destroying only the diseased cells. Here is the kicker--No more chemo or radiation.

There are many other areas, but how will it affect anyone on this board who is a professional detailer?

Lets talk about paint. Scientists have developed a method of imbedding solar receptacles in paint. This paint can be put onto the side of a house and catch the sun`s rays. That energy can be used to power the whole home. Think about the EMC`s and Power Companies.

While I don`t have any specific information on auto paints, it seems logical to me that paints will be developed with properties that we can`t even imagine at the moment. What about a car that can change colors? I am not talking about iridescent paint, but a car changing from white to red to blue to black. Seems farfetched, but I saw an experiment where compounds of different sizes could be suspended in liquid and then excited by a laser. The different size particles glowed at different colors. This technology could be used to make a car black during the winter to absorb the energy of the sun and white in the summer to reflect it.

And if they are making diamonds, I am sure that someone is making a paint that can go on smooth and then have properties that would make swirls and scratches a thing of the past. It won’t eliminate the need altogether for older autos, but it could reduce the average number of daily drivers needing details.

What is holding this technology back? Well like any technology cost. But just as VCR’s have gone from thousands of dollars to $49.00. The cost will come down. It could get interesting in more ways than one

Post Thanks / Like
    Richard didn`t invent nanotechnology, and it certainly predates 1959. On a natural level, it`s existed as long as matter has existed.

What did happen in 1959 is he gave a speech about man made nanotechnology and what it might mean. A link to this speech is below, if you`re interested in reading it.

Richards speech on nano technology

Post Thanks / Like
    The potentials of nano technology are great, but if you are familiar with Sun co-founder, Bill Joy, then you also know of the potential dangers. I`d like to think terrorists or some mad-mad won`t use little nanobots to wipe out an entire race of people.

I`m excited for the benefits that this technology will bring. Incredibly fascinating.

Here`s a link on man made diamonds That was in Wired magazine a few months ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t feel like reading the article, but I`m sure this is all related to EO`s Nanowax, which is some sad, insulting marketing.

Hey, my other products contain molecules too. They`re pretty freakin` nano, buddy.

Thread Information