Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a polish/wax job on a white single stage paint 1999 Accord on January 22 of this year, using Klasse AIO and Meguiars NXT. I used the Wolfgang twins on a 2003 Lexus LS430 (metallic tan) exactly two weeks ago. After washing them both (the drivers both work at the same place), I honestly had to give a slight slickness edge to the Accord! Both cars felt very, very slick, but the Accord seemed a touch slicker. The girl who owned the Accord agreed, btw. I asked her if she had waxed it since I did and she said she hadn`t. I asked about her washing habits and she said she takes it to the coin-op car wash near her house and washes it there (including using the foam brush ) about every two weeks. She had no idea what a quick detailer is either. No special care and the car sits on a high school parking lot the first half of the day and under covered parking at her Dad`s office during the afternoon. Definitely no special treatment in any way.

The paint also looked very good still. Very reflective and decent depth for white paint. I just don`t know why on clear coat paint, NXT may still look good and bead, but it isn`t very slick after 3-4 weeks but on this 5 year old single stage paint job, after more than two months, it feels like I just applied NXT.

:nixweiss
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott,

Both of our BMW`s are garaged and they both have NXT on them. I later applied #16, but before I did, I found NXT to still look great and feel very slick to the touch after about 6-7 weeks!

I personally think that NXT x 2 to ensure coverage and topping with #16 is a really great looking and long lasting combo!

Cheers,

Professional Detailer detailbarn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is very odd , I haven`t got any more than a week out of NXT and this includes a vehicle that garaged at home in the night and parked in a parking garage during the work day. I`m sure the level of acid rain has alot to do with it but the NXT results seem to vary quite a bit. I wonder if it`s a quality control issue at Meg`s?

Post Thanks / Like
    It could be that at the coin-op car wash the gal is putting on a wax or clear coat sealant and not realizing it.

Or it could be that Elvis and the Smurfs come at night and secretly wax her car using Acrylic-Werks:nixweiss

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m getting much better durability from NXT now that I`m no longer using the touchless, 3 weeks now and just as new.

Professional Detailer detailbarn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Anthony Orosco

It could be that at the coin-op car wash the gal is putting on a wax or clear coat sealant and not realizing it.

Anthony

I didn`t even think of that , it`s very possible that she is just spraying that stuff on and not realizing because most of it looks like water.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve tried those `waxes` in the past when using a coin-op and while they improve the beading, they do nothing for the slickness. The beading doesn`t last past the first rain, either.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by AMP01

...our BMW`s are garaged and they both have NXT...

Could this be the possible reason the NXT last 2 months?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

I`ve tried those `waxes` in the past when using a coin-op and while they improve the beading, they do nothing for the slickness. The beading doesn`t last past the first rain, either.

Scott,

OK, sure, shoot that idea down but what about the "Acrylic-Werks" idea....huh?:nixweiss

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    The Cavalier I did on 10 Mar is a daily driver and sits in a carport which this time of the year offers no protection. I washed it once a week since then and it looks like the day I did it.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    Scottwax- When *you* post "Okay, I was not expecting this result" it sure gets my attention

Stuff like this happens from time to time, some paints just respond differently to certain products than do others. Seems the word "Honda" often comes up in this context too....

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Accumulator

Scottwax- When *you* post "Okay, I was not expecting this result" it sure gets my attention

:lol

Stuff like this happens from time to time, some paints just respond differently to certain products than do others. Seems the word "Honda" often comes up in this context too....

True. A 2003 Dodge Ram SLT I detailed about the same time as the Accord with Grojet (similar to AIO) and NXT was beading nicely and it sits outside 24/7 with an oak tree nearby...very nearby! It didn`t feel as slick but still very smooth.

Maybe it is the combination of AIO and NXT? :nixweiss
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Anthony Orosco

Or it could be that Elvis and the Smurfs come at night and secretly wax her car using Acrylic-Werks:nixweiss

Anthony

Elvis don`t wax no cars himself and he didn`t hang with or employ Smurfs. His helpers were smaller and kinda mean little buggers. Had to keep your eye on them or they`d sneak up and pull his nose hairs. Enough to drive a guy to drink or drug.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott does AIO offer some protection ??? If the "specialized abrasives" in NXT did not strip the included acrylic protection that Klasse offers, would that not increase the slickness and more importantly the durability (protection) that NXT offered ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by killrwheels

Scott does AIO offer some protection ??? If the "specialized abrasives" in NXT did not strip the included acrylic protection that Klasse offers, would that not increase the slickness and more importantly the durability (protection) that NXT offered ??

AIO does offer some protection but it really should be topped with SG, another sealant or a carnauba for long term protection.

Honestly, I have no good explaination for this result. I washed the Accord again last Thursday and it was still very slick and was beading like mad.
    www.scottwax.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information