Post Thanks / Like
    Just got a new set of summer tars. What products would you recommend on a NEW tire and continued maitence. There`s an interested thread over at RF which suggest that products like 303, Endurance, etc cause browning. I was under the assumption Browning is just a natural process during the life of the vehicle due to the antioxidents or the like leeching out .

My experiance with tire products are 303, Z16, High Gloss Endurance Gel and EO Concours.

I liked Concours alot but it`s not being made anymore.

303 & Z16 I like both - however, it doesn`t seem to last for me. Maybe it`s my technique but I generally scrub them clean with EFHI or APC + diluted and then apply 303 or Z16. It looks mint but once it get`s get, it`s gone.

So I`ve setteled with Endurance Hi Gloss Gel. It`s a bit Too glossy initally but I just let it soak with a hour or so, come back and buff off the excess with a towel. The shine does die down after driving it and so far I`ve had no sling issues with it. However, it does tend to leave a very waxish, artificial type of layer on it in my eyes. Maybe I`m just being too picky.

Anyhow, just writing to see what products ya`ll like that don`t brown for you. I`m going to get some Trim Shine and MSLT and see how well they fare.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiars gold class endurance gel
    2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

Post Thanks / Like
    The products in themselves do not cause the browning. What you call "browning" is typically referred to as "blooming". The sidewalls are designed that way from the manufacturer. The browning is in the chemical makeup of the tire and designed to surface when the tires are heated up to protect them from oxidizing. You might try a google search on "tires" and "blooming" for more information.

Post Thanks / Like
    3M Rubber and Tire Dressing. A bit pricey.

Anyone near Gallup, NM. The Checkers there is selling off their Meg Gold Class Hi Gloss Endurance stuff and regular Endurance with the applicator for...get ready...75% off. I left

about 6 for someone else. Same for Meg`s leather care line, and some Mothers stuff, etc.:up

Went back and got 5 of each. $15.00 for ten.

There are 8 left. It`s on 666 past the mall.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can`t beat JAL Chemicals tyre rejuvinator or Car Chem Seal It

The high gloss meguiars gel builds up after a while so I stopped using it. Anyone used Detail King Tyre shine which does not contain spirits.
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Thread Information