Post Thanks / Like
    Decision,decision!! There are just so many different products out there, good hell I feel like a kid in a candy store all over again... However, I have narrowed them down and even decided on a PC which took 4 ever! So if I could get your guys thoughts and input on the following different products(or other products) I would appreciate it....thanks for the help!

POLISH:

1)DACP

2)1Z pp

CLEANSER/SEALANT:

1)WG

2)Upp (4 star)

3)Zaino

CLAY:

-any inputs here?....

the only clay I have used b4 is the

Z-18, but I can buy that at the grocery

store

Note: My car is silver(2001BMW), but I will also be detailing my brothers cars too which are red(1998Audi) and black(2002Mercedes)

Post Thanks / Like
    Of that list, I have used both DACP and UPP. In fact, I currently still use both.

I love them both. DACP is the best swirl removal product I have used, although I have not tried 1Z, or Mezerna, and I hear that they are both good. I found DACP to dust up quite a bit when really worked, so if the other products can do the job, and dusts less, perhaps you should try them. It isn`t a problem for me, and I can buy DACP at the local stores.

UPP is the slickest stuff this side of Zaino (I have not use Zaino, but have only felt the results of Z on the 350Z of another user on this board). Excellent beading, great on dark colours. It has a tendency to streak if applied too thick, or removed too soon. If you apply then, and wait 30 - 45 minutes prior to removal, it`s a snap to use.

As for clay, I have used Mother`s, Clay Magic, and recently just got an order from the Autopia store. Of the 3, I think the Clay Magic has the most "bite", but they are all good and easy to use. I find that the clay magic leaves a bit more residue, but it makes no difference to me, since I clay during the wash.

Hopefully, others can provide you with more info on the other products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Regarding Polish, I have used both DACP and PP. As 2wheelsx2 stated, Dacp does produce dust, whereas, PP does not. I like PP better. Both work very well.

This weekend, I used WG sealant. It is comparable to Klasse SG. I cannot comment on durability.

As far as clay, I like Claymagic. It is available at pep boys and Autozone. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    thx for the replies!

So pp is dust free, sound good to me..wow that just rhymed how cheezy, anyway. How does it compare w/ DACP on removing swirls,oxidation etc. ?

I have been using Klasse AIO SG, in the past and just wanted to try something new, so if WG result are that similar to SG I might just go w/ UPP or Zaino.

2wheelsx2, you said UPP look great on dark colors what about silver and other lighter colors. Is there any 1 out there that has used both UPP and zaino on light & dark colored cars? :nixweiss

And 2 votes for Claymagic, well guess that settles that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Of your list my fav combo is (including 1 more product)

Clay magic (blue)

DACP

AIO (by pc) a little bit more shine

UPP (by pc)

Then every month I put a coat of NXt on top

I got this combo on my audi and my wifes volvo
    Audi A3 and Murano.

UPPand Klasse all the way and now P21s on Top of them

Post Thanks / Like
    Alexaris, have you tried the UPP Ultimate Paint Cleanser? If so what were the differences between the two..

Post Thanks / Like
    Check the Detailing Forum: Just Got My Guru Report on Wax today. Then go to www.Zainostore.com

The "Zaino Fanatic" (aka HRP)

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by EUROTECH

2wheelsx2, you said UPP look great on dark colors what about silver and other lighter colors. Is there any 1 out there that has used bith UPP and zaino on light & dark colored cars? :nixweiss

It looks good on all the colours I have tried. However, it seems to do better on darks. Makes the dark paints wetter to me. For light colours, I like my SG. Makes the whites and silvers brighter. I think this is a personal preference thing. One thing I like about UPP is that it`s not as finicky about bonding.

I have seen some amazing results with Zaino on silver cars. However, I have never used it because of the special prep due to bonding issues. Again, that`s just a personal preference thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 2wheelsx2

It looks good on all the colours I have tried. However, it seems to do better on darks. Makes the dark paints wetter to me. For light colours, I like my SG. Makes the whites and silvers brighter. I think this is a personal preference thing. One thing I like about UPP is that it`s not as finicky about bonding.

I have seen some amazing results with Zaino on silver cars. However, I have never used it because of the special prep due to bonding issues. Again, that`s just a personal preference thing.

Finished off my bottle of SG so that is why I am looking to see if there is something better out there b4 I go purchase more.

Hmm, I guess it really is a personal preferance thing, because I have heard that UPP results in higher gloss,wetter loook but not quite as durrable as SG though....How did the zaino look compare to UPP and SG?

Post Thanks / Like
    Different polishes all have their own unique set of advantages and disadvantages. Somethimes with polishes of approximately the same abrasiveness, you will find that one won`t touch a blemish while the other will remove it easily. I would buy several different lines (as your budget allows). I have Menzerna PG, IP & FP; Megiuar`s DACP #82 & Swirl Mark Remover #82 and Einszett UP, PP & MP. There are many other lines that the people here choose to use that are not in my arsenal -- maybe one day I will explore them, but for now I am satisfied with what I have and how they perform.

Whatever polish I use to removed the blemishes du jour, I ALWAYS end with Menzerna FP to burnish the paint to a high gloss. Another advantage of the FP (the old stuff, not the FP II they sell today) is that it is completely free of oils, fillers and whatever that can hide swirl marks by filling them in. FP is water based and contains nothing but super fine abrasives. Use it with a finishing pad at #6 on the PC and work until dry and powdery. When you wipe off the residue, the MF will literally squeek on the paint - THAT IS CLEAN! Because it is non-filling, it will tend to draw out the fillers/oils of previous products and under high intensity light, any missed blemishes will be revealed. You can then attack these again and remove them before applying any finish. The burnished paint will be an excellent foundation for whatever sealant/wax combination you choose.

One more thing - you can apply the best products to poorly prepared paint and it will still look crappy, but if you polish the paint well and remove as many belmishes as you can (or are comfortable with), you can apply lard and the paint will look fabulous. IT IS THE PREPARATION AND NOT THE PRODUCT THAT MAKES PAINT BEAUTIFUL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gonzo

Another advantage of the FP (the old stuff, not the FP II they sell today) is that it is completely free of oils, fillers and whatever that can hide swirl marks by filling them in.

So FP II has oils and fillers?

How about PB`s PP? Is PB`s PP a good choice for a final polish before wax/sealant application?
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Post Thanks / Like
    The UPP (heh heh, the synthetic formerly known as Platinum) works VERY well over 1Z polishes on silver. It`s my fave for my silver S8. Nah, it doesn`t last as long as multiple coats of SG, which I use on the beaters, but I sure think it looks better and the slick finish makes marring-free washing a lot easier.

I`ve never used ANY polishes that are as user-friendly as the 1Z stuff. Haven`t tried Gonzo`s MFP-after-1ZMP yet, but the MP has some nice waxes in it anyhow,and they don`t seem to interfere with the UPP if you let it set up before removing.

In fact, after the "deer incident", the body shop had to REALLY work to get the MP/UPP combo off the panels they had to paint. Ease of use, great looks, good protection...:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    NHBFAN

CMA web site for the product says so:

http://www.properautocare.com/menfinpol.html

"They added some lubricating oils to keep the product wetter, allowing longer polishing."

I consider "oil" a filler. If I need to work the product longer, I just give the pad a spritz with EO W&S.

Thread Information