Post Thanks / Like
    Greetings. Recently received a Black and Decker Polisher for a birthday present so I decided to try it out last night. It was about 60 degrees. The polisher came with blue foam pads and a wool bonnet. The instructions says to start with the foam pad so I began. I`ve worked with the 3M product before by hand and it worked out fine; I just figured it would be the same. The consistency of the product is like mayo almost; sorta thick. Per instruction I put some product on the foam and began working it in.

It became apparent that after a few passes the foam was wet and the consistency of the cleaner wax was like white water. I thought nothing of it and proceeded to do the whole car. Here`s the problem. When it came time to buff the residue off it wouldn`t come off. I started panicking. Spritzing with water didn`t help much. I went to a 50/50 solution of alcohol which finally worked but pretty much negated everything I did for the last 2 hours. Did I do something wrong here or is the product not meant for machine use? It seemed like it went super thin and nice but it wouldn`t come off the car. I did a search and theveed had used it the same way which is why I thought nothing of it. I had to finish wiping down the car this morning and there`s still some hazing left here and there. I must`ve goofed....where did I go wrong. Thanks folks for listening.

-J

Post Thanks / Like
    :scared Any pictures?
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by SpoiledMan

:scared Any pictures?

I`ll put them up tomorrow. The hazing is bearable now that I`ve gone over the car with alcohol. Just wish I knew what happened..........

Thread Information